The untimely death of Franklin Delano Roosevelt on December 1944 marked the beginning of a grim chapter in the history of mankind. As the Second World War drew a close, the specter of a third lit up the world in nuclear fire. Decades of low and high intensity warfare, popular revolts, and pandemics had left the world scarred and battered. Now, with signs of the chaos winding down, many nations, both old and young, can see signs of hope in the future. What does the New Millennium have in store for the world?
Victopia v. 0.05 - Early Alpha
- More localization, particularly for inventions and countries.
- New graphics: Province graphics, event, and decision pictures, some goods pictures.
- New national modifiers, events, decisions, and effects for northern countries for the Arctic Circle, Alaska, and the Northwest Territories.
- New resources and resource distribution. Thus far, focused on Canada and the Western United States.
- Pops for British Columbia and the Northwest Territories have been updated to 1980.
- Reorganized some states in Russia, for future work.
- New music (from Timecrawler 82) and some new sound effects.
- Some code cleaning and reorganization.
- Starting on the bases of the mod's economy.
- Disabled CB acquisition. Should help to curb crashes, at least for the time being. Once they're sorted out they will be re-implemented.
Work to do (as of version 0.05)
- Most of the economy.
- Pops do not accurately reflect final numbers at all.
- Add more inventions.
- Graphics and GUI still need plenty of work.
- Most countries are missing.
- Game still crashes occasionally.
To install, simply unpack the zip file into your Victoria II AHD mod folder.
If you have downloaded previous versions, please delete the cache at C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria II to make sure things load properly. Enjoy!