This is an older version of Total Chaos and is left online for legacy reasons. Please download the latest version 0.97.6. SAVE GAMES FROM 0.97.1 NOT COMPATIABLE! The latest version of Total Chaos. Contains inventory management updates, bug fixes and much more!
Includes Freedoom, GZDoom and the Total Chaos Launcher.
Total Chaos is a total conversion mod for Doom 2 that runs on the GZDoom source port. The mod is a survival horror set on a remote island known as Fort Oasis. The island was once run by a community of coal miners which one day suddenly disappeared, leaving behind the abandoned concrete jungle to waste away.
Something, clearly, has gone very wrong with this place. Upon your arrival at Fort Oasis, you receive a strange radio transmission. Someone wants to he found.
Survive in 6 chapters, against over 8 horrifying fiends with a large assortment of weapons.
The biggest improvements in this version is something you've all requested, item stacking! There are also some tweaks to the way weapons work.
Primary attacks on weapons can be used in a 3 hit combo. Each hit you do in this combo will have the damage build up. For example, a pickaxe will deal 30 damage on the first hit, then 35 on the second hit, then to 40 on the last hit.
Screamers (like the one in the graveyard) can now be killed. You will also know where it is when it attacks you.
Crafting is now a lot more easier. Simply middle click on an item to shift it over to the combine window.
- Inventory switched to a weight based system
- Items can be stacked, some items are not stackable. Right click unstacks, clicking on top of same item stacks
- Weapons now take up 4 slots instead of 6
- New items recently added or stacked in the inventory will be highlighted white
- Weapons now do more damage in the 3 hit combo strike
- Increased Screamer damage but reduced the damage rate
- Screamers can now be killed
- Screamers become visible when taking damage
- Enemy attacks are more clear if they are going to hit you or not
- Sizes of some items reduced so they appear less comical
- A shortcut key can be used to swap selected items into the combine window
- Larger fonts can be used in the inventory via the options menu
- Ammo can now be combined by dropping it on another clip/shellbox
- Reduced knife damage from 70 to 60
- Scissors and Shivs now deal significantly more damage, at the cost of been very weak with durability
- Wrench and Hammer damage increased slightly
- Increased Shotgun damage from 15 to 28
- Increased Pistol damage from 50 to 58
- Fixed several texture alignment issues
- Fixed repeating voice message in Chaos
- Lighter Fluid and Molotovs can no longer be duplicated via bug
- Dropping small explosives no longer makes them disappear
- Bug causing inventory to not be pickupable after a certain time is resolved
- Fixed missing collision on chairs in the courtyard in Surface
- Fixed ramp collision bug on Surface
- Improvements to inventory highlight shader
- Flares wont stay active when going between levels
Quality of Life Changes
- Added FOV slider to Total Chaos Options
- Tidied up the customize controls page
- Increased Autosave frequency in Arrival and Decay
- Weapon damage has now been added to the weapon description in the inventory
- Crates are now more fruitful if you break them open
- Removed quake effects from last level
- Keys have different icons and improved descriptions
- Glitch effects are no longer constant when they don't need to be
- Keys are now removed when they are no longer needed
- Pulling a switch will stop it from glowing blue
- Removed barred door near the brute falling sting in Arrival
- Fixed mouse sensitivity difference between X/Y in the inventory, can also adjust sensitivity in the options menu
- Classic Doom screen wipe FX are now off by default
- Fixed various spelling mistakes on the letters (thanks Stormwalker!)
- Made a certain ridge on Regression accessable, also added a rail to prevent confusion
- Added some debris in Surface to try and guide the players better
- Changed Desaturation values on some areas in Surface
- Swapped side of the 'Dont look it in the eyes' text in Surface for visibility
- Added switch doors to Millers door and the Blue Block door in Decay
- Added a door to the first flare section in Arrival