For Starfleet Command 3 installs on 2019 or later Windows 10 Home or Professional Gaming Systems. dgVoodoo and/or reShade files are not required for game play with this option. Included with this download: •2019 Sfc3 executable application. Allows for multi-race shuttle in game and adjusts for 10-race configuration. •Taldren 1.01beta2build Patch (required) •Updated sfc.ini Configuration file. •d3d8.dll dynamic link file for Direct X.
1. Install your SFC3 (preferably NOT in Windows C: Program Files (x86). This may cause this older game to have compatibility issues and require constant Admin rights to modify file folders or make changes to the game). Recommend installing the game to its own Activision file or gaming folder of your choice.
2. Install the official Taldren patch.
3. Replace the existing Sfc3.exe application with the one provided.
4. Copy the dynamic link file to your game directory.
5. Copy and replace the configuration file with the one provided.
6. Download and place the SFCLauncher from the Hot & Spicy Forums on your desktop. Open the SFCLauncher. Select "Game options". Set the display resolution. The SFCLauncher should autodetect your display settings and provide a dropdown option, if not, you can manually set this in the Sfc3.ini Configuration file under “[3D]”. Make sure "Windowed mode" is also selected. Next, select "...file locations". Where it says, "Starfleet Command 3", click on the "Client" and locate the Sfc3.exe in your game or mod directory and select it. You will need to repeat this process for each mod/version of a game you want to play. Click on "Main". Open the Application dropdown. Select the game you want to play. When launching the game for the first time or if you make corrections to any file within the game directory, you will need to click "Update firewall rules (?)".
Game is ready to play. Select "Sfc 3 Client (c:\..\..\sfc3) and Launch the game.
NOTE: The SFCLauncher will correct for bugs (if detected) and save your full screen settings. If it fails to launch the game, try launching the game via the SFC3.EXE within the Sfc3 folder. Play the game in Skirmish. Exit game and retry via the SFCLauncher. If the problem persists, check to make sure compatibility mode is set as noted above.
Game is ready for play, modding or mod additions. The CD is no longer required to launch the game.