This is version 1.75 release for EAW only. It goes into your EAW/Gamedata/ folder. This release includes some major bugfixes and some new additions to GC/Campaign land mode.
Star Wars: Empire at War Mini Mod
- Power C
Some additions and updates, mostly pertaining to Galatic/Campaign Land mode. 1.75 only has some minor cosmetic changes from 1.74. It is not necessary to update from 1.74 unless you want the changes.
1.75 Changes -
- Changed Stormtroopers, ATST, and ATAT blaster color back to red, to match the movies. (If you wish to keep them green. Either keep 1.74 or refer to the article section on how to change them manually)
- Hutt Gangsta Squad now includes Pirate Plex and size increased to 15.
Additions: (GC and Campaign mode only)
- Rebels can now build these indigenous troops when they have freed their worlds:
- Wookie Warriors (Kashyysh) - Strong infantry with hunt ability (5x2 = 10)
- Gungan Warriors (Naboo) - Fast and agile infantry with sprint (5x2 = 10)
- Bothan Infantry (Bothawui) - Standard infantry with take cover (5x3 = 15)
- (1.74) Pyn'gani Warriors (Polus) - Heavy Infantry with weapon boost (3x2 = 6)
- Empire can now build these indigenous troops when they conquered their worlds:
- Geonosian Scout (Geonosis) - Fast noncombatant aerial scouts (5 scouts per squad)
- Sullustan Infantry (Sullust) - Strong infantry with weapon boost (3x3 = 9) (boosted to 9 in 1.74)
- Twi'lek Infantry (Ryloth) - Standard infantry with take cover (5x3 = 15)
- (1.74) Hutt Gangsta Squad (Nal Hutta) - Heavy infantry with take cover (5x3 = 15) (boosted to 15 in 1.75)
(Note: Indigenous units can only be built in barracks from their homeworld, with the exception of the Hutt Gangsta Squad, which needs a Hutt Palace. All planet text updated in 1.74.)
They won't actually affect the game much at all. It just bothered me that after freeing the Wookies, they weren't part of the Rebel alliance in battles. Units are chosen with some reasonability to the main story. Wookies and Bothans are obvious, but Gungans may be a bit of a stretch. But, they did have experience fighting the Trade Federation. Finally, as much fun as it would be to have Ewok warriors, I just can't bring myself to do it. It is just too silly.
Empire's side needed some background research. First, Ryloth became a protectorate of the Empire, basically a vassal. So, it reasons they would be enlisted as militia forces. Next, Geonosians are easily enslaved to do the Empire's bidding. Lastly, Sullustans are controlled by the SoroSuub Corp, which sided with the Empire.
I did not include any human indigenous groups because it would reason if they joined either Rebels or Empire, they would be in uniform.
Corrected Stormtroopers, AT-ST, and AT-AT laser color. They're now green as they should've been.
- Fixed Wookies' weapon to red laser. This is not mod related.
- Accidentally replaced uniqueunits.xml with FOC version last time, it caused some minor problems and crashes. Fixed now. (Because of this bug, I'm releasing this EAW version before finishing the FOC version.)
- Light Calamari Cruiser raised to level 4 starbase in GC and campaign. (1.74)
- 1.73 Bug fixes:
- Home One now has hangar and can launch fighters
- Interdictor SD now can launch Tie Fighters
- Wookie War Party and Twilek Infantry can now attack buildings
Easy - Dropped AI credit gain to 1.5, making this setting more for GC mode. (1.74)