- Power C
As the title suggests, this is a mini-mod. There are tons of fantastic and ambitious mods for this game, this isn't one of them. I made this mod because I like playing the original game, but there are some annoyances that needs fixing.
Latest Mod Version:
EAW/FOC: 1.8 (12/24/2017) - Minor bug fix.
EAW: 1.75 (5/31/2016) - Major bug fix and some additions to GC/Campaign land mode.
FOC: 1.71 (5/31/2016) - Major bug fix and some additions to GC/Campaign land mode.
For change log information, refer to the download page for each download.
Original Release - Version 1.0
* How come the AI doesn't upgrade anything other than the starbase? (EAW/FOC)
- Annoying isn't it? The AI will now fully upgrade ALL upgrades in the space skirmish. Sorry, I don't really play land skirmish so I don't care about that. Consortium will not upgrade the credit multiplier. They cheat already.
- I also modified the space skirmish AI build so instead of having it all lumped, builds are separated into fighters, corvettes, frigates, capitals, and heroes. This means the AI will actually try to build ships early instead of just rushing to Starbase 5 and jam out all capital ships.
* How come Rebel Alliance ships won't produce fighters?!?! Annoying! (EAW/FOC)
- Nebulon B now produces 1 X-wing squadron
- Assault Frigate now produces 1 A-wing squadron
- Calamari Cruiser now produces 1 X-wing and 1 Y-wing squadron
- Home One now produces 2 X-wing, 2 Y-wing, and 2 B-wing squadrons, cost increased a bit b/c it is too cheap! (EAW 2 A-wings instead of B-wings)
* What about the Consortium? Honestly, I don't really play them, but... guess to be a little fair. (FOC)
- Vengeance now produces 1 pirate fighter squadron.
- Krayt now produces 1 starviper squadron and 1 Z95 squadron. Not going to give them bombers since they got those unfair superweapons.
- Kadalbe now produces 1 pirate fighter squadron and 1 skipray squadron
- The Peacekeeper gets 1 starviper, 1 skipray, 1 Z95, 1 pirate squadron.
* Balance out the Empire? (EAW/FOC)
- Imperial Star Destroyer now produces 1 additional Tie Bomber squadron
- Captain Piett's SD now produces 2 Tie Defender, 2 Tie Interceptor, 2 Tie bomber squadrons (EAW - 3 Tie Fighters and 3 Tie Bombers)
- Thrawn's SD now prodces 1 Tie Defender, 2 Tie Interceptor, 2 Tie Bomber squadrons. Cost reduced, come on way too expensive. (FOC)
* Consortium could build a capital ship at Starbase 4, what's up with that?! (EAW/FOC)
- Rebel Starbase 4 now can produce Light Calamari Cruisers. It is simply a smaller version of the Calamari Cruisers, 3/4 size, 3/4 strength, and and a little cheaper. They come with 1 X-wing and 1 Z-95. It also has power to weapon ability without losing shield instead of power to shield ability, making them more of an offensive ship while the bigger Calamari cruisers are defensive.
- Imperial Starbase 4 now can produce Interdictor Star Destroyer. Interdictor cruiser dropped to level 3. Interdictor Star Destroyer is simply an Imperial Star Destroyer version of the Interdictor. It has the size, health, damage, etc... of an ISD, but only the hardpoints and abilities of an Interdictor. It serves as a dual role of a light capital ship or an interdictor and is slightly cheaper than ISD. It comes with same fighter compliments as ISD.
- Interdictor Cruiser scale down to 0.7 and hardpoint health increased so it doesn't die in 3 secs. Price also reduced for this ridiculously overpriced little cruiser.
* Why can't the rebels have an interdictor? (FOC)
- Sure, why not! Mc30 frigate now has a gravity well! Use it wisely!
* How come the Jedi Cruiser is described as "obsolete" yet we're still using the Acclamator? (EAW/FOC)
- Now Imperial Starbase can build Venator (Jedi Cruiser) in level 2 along side Acclamators. It comes with same compliment of fighters as Acclamators.
* Why isn't the Executor SSD in the Space Skirmish! (FOC)
- It looks fun, but utterly ridiculous to have that ship cover up 1/2 the screen! So I created a Mini SSD for skirmish only! It is exactly the same as the Executor SSD except at 1/2 the size and cost 15,000. It replaces Vader's flight squadron just like the galactic games. With this at Starbase 5, Piett drops to 4, Thrawn drops to 3.
* Rebels getting screwed over on the capship/hero again, even without the SSD b/c Imperial fleet gets Thrawn. (FOC)
- Now Rebels can build Home Two at Starbase 4. It is a Hero ship modeled after the MC30 Frigate, but with its own hardpoints. It has 1 anti-fighter lazer at the rear, 2 mass drivers at the front to do massive assault damage (complimented with power to weapon ability that doesn't drain shields), and comes with a hangar bay that launches 2 X-Wing, 2 A-wing, 2 Y-wing, and 2 B-wing squadrons. It also comes with power to shield ability.
* Other changes? (EAW/FOC)
- Increased space battle army size to 100 each
- Changed the difficulty adjustment, so the damage output is 1.0 for all 3 difficulties, but the credit multiplier is increased with each level. Simply remove this file if you don't like the changes.
- 1920x1080 splash screen that actually looks good. If you are running on lower resolution, simply use the old splash by deleting splash.dds.
- Removed the annoying logo movies at start up
- Reduced Consortium's credit multiplier, come on they cheat and you know it. (FOC)
- Didn't like Consortium's lack of fighter variety, now their starbase can build Z95 and the pirate fighter squadron in skirmish. (FOC)
* Why didn't you add the Eclipse SSD into the skirmish? (FOC)
- Because the Empire has enough capships and heroes, unless we give the Eclipse to the Consortium. But we don't really want to do that since Consortium is overpowered already with all those special weapons and ridiculous credit gains. Besides, we really want to see a 1/2 completed ship flying around?
* What modes will this work? (EAW/FOC)
- Skirmish Space: Yes. Tested thoroughly. AI will build the new ships.
- Galactic: Yes. Tested it a little and it seems to be fine. The AI will build the new ships. I even modified the planet bonuses to include the Interdictor SD, Venator, and Light Calamari and Home 2. Home 2 will show up when you use the droids to steal MC30 frigate technology.
# Empire: Yes. Tested. AI in the campaign will build the new ships.
# Rebel: Yes, version 1.5. Tested. If you've downloaded version 1.0 previously, please update to 1.5. AI in the campaign will build the new ships.
# Consortium: Yes. Tested. The hardpoints and fighter changes do work, however I did not see the AI build any of the new ships. This campaign AI coding must be more restrictive, AI told exactly what ships to build rather than anything that is available in the starbase. File is embedded in a lua, so I'm not going to go hunt for it. Bottom line, it works, I tested and completed the campaign.
Method 1 - Unzip the zip file into your FOC folder, run the BAT file. This will put the mod in a mods folder and runs it with the -modpath modifier.
Method 2 - Since this is more of a fix than a mod, you can simply just put the Data folder from the zip into your FOC folder and just run the game normally.
Method 1 - Unzip the zip file into your EAW\Gamedata\ folder, run the BAT file. This will put the mod in a mods folder and runs it with the -modpath modifier.
Method 2 - Since this more of a fix than a mod, you can simply just put the Data folder from the zip into your EAW\Gamedata\ folder and just run the game normally.
(These are the setups in my game. If yours differ because of Steam or something, you need to find the folder that contains the "data" folder. Some version of the FOC also has a gamedata folder like EAW.)
- If you are running 1920x1080, you will know the mod is working with the new splash.
And that's it. Doesn't change the game much, just the annoyances. It is more of a fix than a mod. Hope you like it.
Thank you everyone for your support and your thanks for this mod. As many of you have noticed, there hasn't been any updates for a while. The reason is because I believe this mod is complete. Every major update comes with significant changes, so unless there are some major additions, I won't be updating this mod anymore. However, there are still people with ideas and tweaks to this mod. For those, I will be posting articles on how to modify the mod to include these subtle changes. It should be quite easy and all you really need is notepad for the most part.
This tutorial will guide you in enabling the V-Wing fighter into the game. The V-Wing fighter is an older fighter from the Republic era, so storywise it can be used in any faction, much like the Venator/Acclamator in my opinion. This tutorial will only show you how to enable it in the Empire, but the steps can be used to enable it in the Rebels or the Zann as well if you choose to do so.
1) You will need to make the modification for each EAW and FOC, whichever one you want to enable or both. V-Wing starfighter exists in both games.
2) Look for the file in the FOC mod xml folder called uniqueunits.xml and open it with notepad. In the file look for "V-wing_Fighter" in the file. This is the base coding for the V-wing. DO NOT touch it. :) Look below and you will find "V-wing_Fighter_E" and 2 other variants. These are the places you want to modify. E is for empire, R for Rebel, and U for Underworld. This will allow you to build different V-Wings for each faction if you choose. Right now, none of them are enabled.
3) Replace the "V-wing_Fighter_E" coding with this:
<UniqueUnit Name="V-wing_Fighter_E"> <Variant_Of_Existing_Type>V-Wing_Fighter</Variant_Of_Existing_Type> <SpaceBehavior> HUNT, FIGHTER_LOCOMOTOR, SELECTABLE, TARGETING, WEAPON, POWERED, SHIELDED, HIDE_WHEN_FOGGED, AMBIENT_SFX, NEBULA, DAMAGE_TRACKING </SpaceBehavior> <!-- Non-Hero unit abilities description --> <Unit_Abilities_Data SubObjectList="Yes"> <!-- Primary ability --> <Unit_Ability> <Type>HUNT</Type> </Unit_Ability> </Unit_Abilities_Data> </UniqueUnit>
All this does is give it the "hunt" ability as the original has no abilities at all. You can change it to any other ability, but you'll have to test and trial/error to figure out how they work. Not all abilities are easily transferrable. Hunt is the easiest one to use. (For EAW, remove "DAMAGE_TRACKING" from the end of the space behavior line.)
4) Now directly under "V-wing_Fighter_E" we're going to insert the coding for the V-wing Squadron. Copy and Paste the code into the file below the "V-wing_Fighter_E" coding.
<Squadron Name="V-wing_Fighter_E_Squadron"> <Text_ID>TEXT_UNIT_VWING_FIGHTER</Text_ID> <Encyclopedia_Good_Against> Z-95_Headhunter_Rebel Skipray_Blastboat</Encyclopedia_Good_Against> <Encyclopedia_Vulnerable_To> Crusader_Gunship Tartan_Patrol_Cruiser </Encyclopedia_Vulnerable_To> <GUI_Row> 1 </GUI_Row> <Is_Dummy>Yes</Is_Dummy> <Formation_Priority>1</Formation_Priority> <Is_Escort>Yes</Is_Escort> <Is_Bomber>no</Is_Bomber> <Autoresolve_Health>300</Autoresolve_Health> <Damage>25</Damage> <Affiliation>Empire</Affiliation> <Political_Control>0</Political_Control> <Build_Cost_Credits>300</Build_Cost_Credits> <Piracy_Value_Credits>50</Piracy_Value_Credits> <Build_Time_Seconds>15</Build_Time_Seconds> <Build_Tab_Space_Units>No</Build_Tab_Space_Units> <Tech_Level>0</Tech_Level> <Required_Timeline /> <Required_Star_Base_Level>1</Required_Star_Base_Level> <Required_Special_Structures /> <Behavior>DUMMY_SPACE_FIGHTER_SQUADRON</Behavior> <Squadron_Units>V-wing_Fighter_E, V-wing_Fighter_E, V-wing_Fighter_E, V-wing_Fighter_E</Squadron_Units> <Squadron_Units>V-wing_Fighter_E</Squadron_Units> <Squadron_Offsets>60.0,0.0,0.0</Squadron_Offsets> <Squadron_Offsets>0.0,30.0,0.0</Squadron_Offsets> <Squadron_Offsets>0.0,-30.0,0.0</Squadron_Offsets> <Squadron_Offsets>-60.0,60.0,0.0</Squadron_Offsets> <Squadron_Offsets>-60.0,-60.0,0.0</Squadron_Offsets> <Icon_Name>i_button_V_Wing.tga</Icon_Name> <GUI_Model_Name>NV_VWING.ALO</GUI_Model_Name> <GUI_Distance>120</GUI_Distance> <GUI_Offset>0 0 0</GUI_Offset> <GUI_Velocity>45</GUI_Velocity> <SFXEvent_Build_Started>EHD_Build_Vehicle</SFXEvent_Build_Started> <SFXEvent_Build_Cancelled>EHD_Unit_Canceled</SFXEvent_Build_Cancelled> <SFXEvent_Build_Complete>EHD_Construction_Complete</SFXEvent_Build_Complete> <FormationOrder>1</FormationOrder> <Squadron_Formation_Error_Tolerance>35.0</Squadron_Formation_Error_Tolerance> <Guard_Chase_Range>1000.0</Guard_Chase_Range> <Idle_Chase_Range>200.0</Idle_Chase_Range> <Attack_Move_Response_Range>300.0</Attack_Move_Response_Range> <Autonomous_Move_Extension_Vs_Attacker>500.0</Autonomous_Move_Extension_Vs_Attacker> <Build_Initially_Locked>Yes</Build_Initially_Locked> <Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>No</Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer> <Property_Flags> SmallShip </Property_Flags> <Score_Cost_Credits> 420</Score_Cost_Credits> <!-- Non-Hero unit abilities description --> <Unit_Abilities_Data SubObjectList="Yes"> <!-- Primary ability --> <Unit_Ability> <Type>HUNT</Type> </Unit_Ability> </Unit_Abilities_Data> <Encyclopedia_Text>TEXT_TOOLTIP_V_WING_01</Encyclopedia_Text> <Encyclopedia_Unit_Class>TEXT_ENCYCLOPEDIA_CLASS_FIGHTER</Encyclopedia_Unit_Class> <!--<MULTIPLAYER SKIRMISH VALUES BEGIN>--> <Tactical_Build_Cost_Multiplayer>300</Tactical_Build_Cost_Multiplayer> <Tactical_Build_Time_Seconds>10</Tactical_Build_Time_Seconds> <Tactical_Build_Prerequisites /> <Tactical_Production_Queue>Tactical_Units</Tactical_Production_Queue> <!--<Build_Limit_Current_Per_Player>0</Build_Limit_Current_Per_Player>--> <!--<Build_Limit_Lifetime_Per_Player>0</Build_Limit_Lifetime_Per_Player>--> <!--<MULTIPLAYER SKIRMISH VALUES END>--> <Population_Value>1</Population_Value> </Squadron>
This is the squadron code for the Tie Fighter, I modified it for the V-wing Empire. It is recommended if you want to create the squadron for Rebel or Zann, you use one of their own squadron base code. Don't forget to SAVE. (For EAW, please remove the crusader and skipray from the "good against" and "vulnerable" section at the beginning.)
HALF TIME) DONE! This means the V-Wing Squadron is now fully coded in the game for the Empire. WAIT! You cannot build fighters for the Empire in campaign/galactic mode. Their starbase only builds spaceships. So for Skirmish, you will need to enable it to build this squadron and in the campaign/galactic, you have to add them to your starships.
Skirmish) You can skip this step if you do not want to build the v-wing at the starbase. Just go to the next step to enable them on your capships. Open the file starbases.xml with notepad. If you scroll down you will see the Skirmish starbase coding for level 1 - 5. In each of them you can see the list of things they can build at each level. (If you can't find it, search for "TIE_Interceptor_Squadron") Simply add "V-wing_Fighter_E_Squadron" into the list (You'll have to add it 5 times, 1 for each skirmish starbase). Don't forget the "comma" after you insert the squadron in the list. Don't forget to SAVE.
Campaign/Galactic) To add the V-wing squadron to your starships, first you need to decide which starship to add them to. If you are looking for the Venator, it is located in spaceunitsfrigates.xml along with the acclamator. The Venator is listed under "Jedi_Cruiser_E" coding. In this coding, scroll down until you find the fighter complement section (If you can't find it, just search for tie_fighter). You can either replace the "Tie_fighter_squadron" with "V-wing_Fighter_E_Squadron" or you can add in the "V-wing_Fighter_E_Squadron" with it. Don't forget to save.
That's it. Very simple. The V-Wing does look really amazing. I think I'm going to make this change to my own game too. But it is a rather small change so I will not be updating this mod. However, in the future if there IS some major addition to warrant an update, this V-wing coding will be included as well.
Alright that's it! Happy Gaming!
- Power C
Tutorial in how to add coding to enable Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn in GC mode.
This is a short tutorial for those who want to change Stormtrooper, ATST, ATAT, and Veer's ATAT blaster color to GREEN.
This is a release note for the version 1.7 of the minimod, which includes several new additions to the GC and Campaign mode.
A quick article about the changes, bug fixes, etc... in version 1.6, mostly for knowledge base in case other modders are dealing with the same issues.
Merry Christmas! This mod was completed in the last update. This update is minor and not necessary if you prefer the previous version. Just some bug fixes...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.