OBSOLETE! USE OGSE 0693 INSTEAD! A huge mod compilation of some of the best mods, for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl v1.0005. Not looking for any credit since it's not my original work. IF YOU HAVE V1.0006 (STEAM VERSION), YOU HAVE TO DISCARD THE INCLUDED BIN FOLDER IN ORDER FOR THE MOD TO WORK. It's a mix of Oblivion Lost 2010, Photorealistic Zone, Particle Paradise, Arsenal Mod, gnomus scopes, STALKER Shaders MAX, Dynamic Shaders 1.1, Absolute Nature, Music Expansion, and much more. All of it retweaked for increased, but more balanced difficulty and more realism. Best graphics mod for SoC bar none. The mix of shaders as well as Panoramic Mod just makes for a distinct, perfect look.
**NOTE: OBSOLETE MOD! USE OGSE 0693 instead !!
ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD 2:
NOTE: USING THE COMMAND r2_sun_near_border 1 IS USUALLY NECESSARY FOR THIS MOD.
NOTE 2: I recommend using motion blur. To do so, modify your shortcut that launches SoC (right click, Properties). Add -mblur to the target. In-game, motion blur can be tweaked with the r2_mblur command (e.g., r2_mblur 1 uses the most motion blur possible).
NOTE 3: From edwin11373: "Actually, I found a way to make better. In the ini file, the Sun_near was set to 12. I changed it to 30. The lower the number, the higher the quality of the shadows are BUT the far shadows are blocky until you get near them. So, by making the near shadows less in quality you can lower the drastic transition between high/low qualities of shadows. I don't mind having a bit low-res near shadow just as long there's no awful transition."
NOTE 4: The Stalker Shaders MAX settings application is not fully functional. Don't use it.
OPTIONAL SUNSHAFTS REPLACER. This makes it so dynamic outdoor shadows can only be viewed from certain angles, like sunshafts. This shader implementation comes from OGSE.
Note: I recommend using the 3GB Enabler found on Complete 2009's page. Here's the Readme since it isn't included in that link, and this needs to be at least 300 characters.
Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Pack 2013 is a merge of the following mods:
- Oblivion Lost 2010 by Kyuzo84 and OLP team for OL2.2
- Photorealistic Zone by LoNer1
- Particle Paradise by LoNer1
- Arsenal Mod by Arsenal mod team
- Gnomus scopes by gnomus
- STALKERSOUP shaders (tweaked STALKER Shaders MAX)
- Dynamic shaders 1.1 by Meltac
- Absolute Nature by Cromm Cruac
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Music Expansion by Sclera
- Everything re-tweaked for difficulty and immersion by me
- New outfits, misc items (from OGSE), new sound effects (from TehCourtJester), some particles from Particle Paradise, and much more.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS for max settings at 1080p
- Intel Core i5 dual core at 3.5 GHz or more, or AMD equivalent
- Over 4GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti / AMD Radeon HD 6870 or better
- Open or unzip the file "sockmode" and drag the gamedata folder to your Shadow of Chernobyl root folder (e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl OR C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl)
- OPTIONAL - > put the bin folder in the same directory
- START A NEW GAME and enjoy
As with any mod, you should save often. I tend to make a separate save for each level, and overwrite it every time I enter that level.
***********NEW BETA VERSION******************
Has Photorealistic Zone 2 instead of the original. Much better texture quality. But BE WARNED, performance is all over the place on my setup (1152p, max detail, GTX 680, i7 2600 @ 4.2 GHz, 8GB RAM). I think this just pushes x-ray to the limit, and the dual core limitation probably hurts a lot too. But if you're feeling brave...
Check out these gameplay videos!