New update introduces new railway mechanics, railways can now go bankrupt. This update also includes some balancing for the mechanics introduced in 0.8, as well as some AI improvements, and the removal of the trade policy decision.
List of Changes
- New factory: transport company that produces transport services, a good that every factory uses for maintenance.
- Railroads will go bankrupt if there is no operating transport company in the state.
- Some rebalancing for the philosophy research tree, tech further down the research tree give less research boost.
- The tech point National Focus now gives a smaller research boost, and it can only be used in states with at least 300 thousand pops.
- Removed chose trade policy decision.
- Readjusted army and navy resource consumption, armies should cost a bit less to upkeep, especially infantry, and ships should use more artillery shells.
- Readjusted pop needs, increased base coal mine throughput, and market prices of some goods. In general, rich people should be able to meet their life needs a bit easier, and hopefully there will be less of a coal shortage during the late game.
- Readjusted factory costs, some consumer factories no longer need machine parts to be constructed.
- Artisans should now profit more from cement, so that small countries have more ways to buy cement during the early game.
- Lowered base price of steel by a lot, as it was just way too expensive (and also too profitable).
- Ai will now raise tariffs if it has less than 500k in the bank.
- Capitalists will now be able to demolish factories in an interventionist economy.
- Other tweaks and fixes
As always, leave bug reports and suggestions in the comments bellow, or DM me.
There's also a discord channel group on the Victoria 2 modding server dedicated to this mod.