This beta is obsolete - get the 1.1.10 Full Edition instead.
This beta has the following changes relative to 220.127.116.11:
- Fixed a bug where picking up loot with loot glint disabled would trigger a video
- Restored original speed settings, creep is now non-silent
- The gameplay part now has optional arrow trails. In the GUI part, the classic health bar and classic-ish lightgem/compass are now optional
- Fix for orig bugs causing extra playstyles objectives and restrictions to not show up
- Removed redundant 'do not kill non-combatants' restriction on Ghost
- Smaller and more evenly sized text on maps, especially with the Fonts mod enabled
Thief 3 Gold:
- Removed overriding .sch files to better accommodate unofficial translations
- Changed a couple of scripts to make it possible to skip through the Pagan and Kurshok missions
The T3G changes may be optional and off by default in the final release.
The Fonts mod:
- Added 'gold' symbol to all fonts (replacing yen)
- Fixed an issue with disappearing map text - in English, at least. In other locales there may still be a few cases
- New tweak to disable health bar auto-hiding (with a tweak override in the MP)
- New tweak to visually improve the loading quote text (with an override in T3G)
- New tweak to use a bright mouse cursor. (Done by inverting the colours of the standard cursor)
- Annoying message box when starting the tweak tool, warning about a few things that seem to confuse people the most
- Added an option to install the d3d8to9 wrapper DLL
- 'Direct load' is disabled in fullscreen when a D3D wrapper DLL is in use. (Would cause crashes)
- Option to use Shift+Ctrl+Alt+End to end the current mission. (Can be disabled in the tweaker)
- FMSel rebased on 1.1.2, now including Russian translation
Relative to the last beta, the end-the-mission function is now much improved, and using the same key combo as Thief 1-2. The keypress will just do nothing if you're in a map which can't be ended, so it's now on by default. Also, Minimalist has had some small fixes, mostly related to the edible food.
Note that because of gamesys changes the savegame version for Minimalist has been bumped - so anybody wanting to use MP savegames from previous stable releases should not update.
The beta is mainly to test the wrapper DLL, which could potentially improve things on Windows 10. Anybody who's had issues with choppy video or other performance problems, please test if this DLL helps. Note that the option to install it is not selected by default if you already have a local d3d8.dll (e.g. dgVoodoo) in the game install.
There was a couple of problems with this DLL:
- The intro videos (shown before the main menu appears) would not show. (Black screen + sound)
- In windowed mode, alt-tabbing away and later re-activating the game would frequently cause a crash
Apparently they have been fixed by patching the Thief 3 exe a bit, but if you encounter them anyway, please post about it. Also, try if some of the settings on the troubleshooting page can fix it, most notably turning 'direct load' off.