The patch that fixes all UBISoft's mistakes! OpenRVS allows multiplayer gaming to work properly again. It also includes fixes for mods and many bugs. Version 1.2 improves server netcode, to fix the invisible/laggy enemy appearance bug.
Hi, I just stumbled across this mod / patch after thinking about raven shield (not played it for years) but loved it and would like to get back into it. It's fantastic to see that you are creating bug fixes and from what I can see, separate links for weapons. I have a request, please could you create the definitive version of Raven Shield with the best of everything released to date I in one single download?
Great question, I haven't made a definitive guide, but here's what I'd do if I were you:
1. Fully update Rvs - if you have Steam version, it's already up to date. If you have the CD version, you'll need to patch the game to version 1.6.
2. Install this patch, OpenRVS. At this point, you are 100% good to go for multiplayer. Online mods are installed on the server only and will auto-download to you when you connect to them.
3. Grab the free expansion Iron Wrath - easiest way is to download here at ModDB: Moddb.com
(Note there's no working multiplayer for Iron Wrath, just singleplayer. But many of the online servers have maps and guns from Iron Wrath on them.)
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.
answer continued ...
4. Grab some of my mod expansions for singleplayer: Supply Drops - Moddb.com - and R6 Zombies - Moddb.com
5. Try the HD shader mod if you have a good computer - adds bloom, depth of field, lens flare, etc: Moddb.com
6. Get involved with us in the community! We are active on Discord at www.r6chat.com - you can join using your browser or the Discord app on computer and phone. We are a fairly active community, with plenty of new mods and maps being made regularly.
Now that I've written this all out, I should probably make a news item/guide to post on ModDB for all this stuff! :D
Thanks very much for all this fantastic advice. I look forward to playing this old classic with its new lease of life thanks to you.
Hey .Twi I thought you stopped modding, It's been long time since I went onto R6 moddb page. I am glad that you are still working on it. I just learned about Allr6 since you make weapons for them (I think), so which MP mod should I download, this or allr6?
AllR6 contains an older version of OpenRVS (v1.0) included in its automated patch. I personally recommend doing the latest version, this one, but if you like an EXE patch that does things automatically, that's the one to use.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.