This mod is mainly intended for skirmish games against the computer, giving a new life to the game while holding on to the vanilla flavor as much as possible.
- Skip EA logo animation from playing every time the game starts.
- New AI with pretty strong play. Set AI players to Brutal to get the best of it.
- New unit for Soviets, "Thief", very useful for stealing harvesters and other precious enemy vehicles, can also be used to explore the map a bit.
- Set the screen size to 1280 x 720 (wide screen), although it only works inside the game, the menus are not affected. This size was chosen to give the game a natural look, kind of a blend between the original resolution and modern hardware.
- New close combat map, "Arena of War". 8 players recommended for a full cutthroat. Be aware that some fights may begin right off the bat if you have a starting unit count higher than 0.
- Many tweaks that make the game more fun and balanced, giving more value to rarely used units, while keeping it close to the original.
More details inside the package.
How to install
- Make a backup of all the files with the same name as those from this package.
- Copy the files from this package into your Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge folder.
- Skip the RA2MD.INI file if you don't want to change your current in-game video resolution.
Note 1: This mod only works for Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge expansion.
Note 2: This mod may not work well with other mods, make sure you apply it over a clean install Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge.