This update brings improved OGSR x64 1.0007 Engine to OGSE. OGSR it's the result of X-Ray engine improvements by modding enthusiasts, it's a very stable x64-only engine without 4Gb memory limit, greatly improved performance and stability, improved rendering.
Hello everyone, this is KamikaZze. I've been out of touch for some time, but while I was, guys who continued development, done a huge accomplishment.
They've been able to recompile X-Ray engine to x64 architecture and fix a lot of it's flaws in the process. Result is a very stable engine without 4Gb memory limit, greatly improved performance and stability, improved rendering.
Good news about it is what due to the fact what development was initially based on OGSE, new engine has been born initially compatible with it. And it's maintainer, KRodinn, made it available on the GitHub.
Using this resources, I've created this update, to simplify the process of installation of OGSR engine to OGSE. My work here is only the installer itself.
1) Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x64 with 4 Gb of RAM or more.
2) GPU capable of dynamic rendering.
3) Installed OGSE 0.6.9.3, updated to version 2.10R.
Before installing, make sure that you have installed update 0.6.9.3 to version 2.10R.
After that, before installing this package, at least once run the OGSE configurator to create all the necessary folders.
1) On 21:9 resolutions left shoulder could appear on side of the screen for some weapons.
To fix that, open the console and set "hud_fov" parameter to 0.31
2) If on launch it couldn't find OpenAL libs, please install latest ones from Openal.org
3) If you have localization issues, first run the OGSE_Configurator after installing this package and set the language to English. Second, apply this small fix for news feed and treasure manager (thanks to Anna_Maniac for that): Mega.nz