Compilation of several optional addons and a machine translation for NLC 7 Build 3.7. More details below including a link to the actual mod which is by far the most ambitious, creative, and professional S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod ever made, taking S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to an entirely new level.
Get the mod from the link below, make sure to download the OPEN ASSEMBLY and any patches/fixes it doesn't include.
This archive contains the following, each with its own instructions. All have been updated for build 3.7 and are incompatible with build 3.0 and vice versa.
- (Optional) HD UI mod - the best interface ever created for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. that still maintains some semblance of the original aesthetic. No longer a low res blurry/fuzzy mess, this high res UI maintains the utilitarian aesthetic of the original but is much more pleasing to the eye and doesn't even become stretched at ultrawide resolutions let alone regular widescreen.
- Machine Translation - Updated from the build 3.0 translation, I used Yandex again but Yandex has improved so the translation has improved somewhat. More importantly, the Ukrainian and Belarusian dialogue is no longer broken. Also, very important story PDA entries and the flyers in the Rookie Village were fully rewritten by hand.
- (Optional) Save anywhere + Spawn menu - By default, you can only save at campfires, lanterns and candles in NLC 7, although there are a lot of these but it is still insufficient since the mod is prone to out of memory crashes late game (unless playing at low resolutions). With this, you can pause and save anywhere, and it has another addon that's a spawn menu. I expanded upon the spawn menu so that it can spawn more quest items, just in case (debugging).
- (Optional) Mild rebalance with TAZ sounds
- Changes FOV from 67.5 to 75.
- Makes default (healthy, not fatigued) player movement speed in between that of SoC and CS/CoP, opposed to the obnoxious snail's pace of default NLC 7. When wounded, you still move very slowly almost like in regular NLC.
- Slightly increases player carry weight.
- Rebalances ballistic properties to be more realistic. NLC 7 already had damage, recoil, and rate of fire for each gun down quite well, so this mostly just affects range (now assault rifle rounds won't disappear after 200m) and minor properties such as AP rounds now doing a tiny bit less tissue damage compared to FMJ (opposed to more tissue damage).
- Replaces most gunshot sound effects with some from TAZ.
- Significantly reduces iron sight zoom and corrects optic zoom for the new FOV (which also helps compensate for the increased rifle range).
- Corrects eye distance from scopes. Some might still not have this correction; with these, the player's eye is still way too close to the scope.
- Reduces Poltergeist HP, making them less intolerably annoying.
- Slightly reduces Boar HP to make them a bit less spongey.
- Makes dogs and cats hostile to Tushkano and vice versa.
- Reduces weight of some quest items and non-quest artifacts since some were obnoxiously heavy.
- Changes the properties of the "Chimera's Tears" and "Giant's Tears" artifacts so that they protect from Chemical Burn instead of Burn, making them less overlapping with the "Pudding" artifact (since by default both protect from Burn and Electric Shock, and only differ on their third effects, plus Chimera's Tears is transmuted in a Fruit Punch).
- Changes a few quest rewards back to what they were in NLC 7 Build 3.0 since I felt those were more diverse and less repetitive.
- Guides - They must be made by the NLC team since they cover every single quest from build 3.0 and more. I machine translated them into English too but the original Russian ones are also included. These guides are 99% applicable to build 3.7.
- Manual and FAQ - A comprehensive manual and FAQ I put together for NLC 7.
Also for anyone who wants to get rid of that disgusting Exoskeleton mask HUD: