Public pre-alpha release 0.031a. It is focusing on UI and damage model improvements.
- Changes in the UI:
- The artillery fire history UI has been redesigned. I wrote a post on Patreon about this.
- ‘Only fixable problems’ and ‘only appear on the previous turn problems’ filtering toggles have been added to the filtering panel of the damage control UI screen.
- Made a few minor UI changes.
- Changes in the accuracy of artillery fire:
- The positive effect of fire control systems on shell dispersion has been increased. As a result, the dispersion of volleys has reduced.
- The negative effect of sea roughness on shell dispersion has reduced.
- The negative effect of gun caliber on accuracy has increased. So now the smaller guns are less accurate.
- Changes in the damage model. You can find a more detailed description of them in a dedicated article on Patreon.
- The chance of fire spreading between outer deck areas due to wind has been increased.
- Fire inside the hull can now damage the structure of the ship, causing flooding that cannot be patched. Patched holes begin to flood again under influence of fire.
- Added a new game mechanic for armor weakening.
- Breaking an armor plate now creates a cone of armor shards.
- Armor thickness now taken into account when calculating structural damage (including structural damage from fire).
- Reduced the chance of a ricochet.
- Many bugs fixed (and, probably, many added).
Subscribe on Patreon to get this and all newer version as soon as they are ready.