The long awaited update to a remaster of a mod named Star Wars: Movie Duels 2, all the way from 2009. All in one version, no previous bugfixes needed! Also note that AIO version includes latest fixes that were made after release of bugfix v2 so it is the most recent file.
Here's the long awaited update to Movie Duels that everyone's been looking forward to! What better way to give to the Star Wars community on Christmas day, than to release an update of a mod that everyone's enjoyed time and time again! Featuring mission overhauls, new characters, new weapons, new lightsaber blade looks, new effects, updated animations, and much, much more! You can find the full list of changes in this update below! Major thanks to the Knights of the Force team for letting us use their OpenJK build for the mod, allowing for such incredible changes to the game!
Episode 1 Duels:
- Replaced Maul with 4 droid snipers, and the door that unlocks when he would die now has to be activated via a console in the same hangar.
- Updated layout slightly, the ramped hallway now leads to a Door Control room.
- Ambient sounds have been added to the control room.
- Cutscenes have been updated to match The Phantom Menace a bit more closely.
Outskirts of Tatooine:
- Added Bantha's near the Tusken Raiders, to make more sense as to how the Tusken Raiders travelled so far.
Duel of the Fates:
- Fixed Maul's animation for when he's standing next to a generator console.
- Edited cutscene animations for DOTF - Maul and Obi's cutscene stances, as well as Maul's body when falling to a pit.
Episode 2 Duels:
Tusken Camp Slaughter:
- Added model of Shmi Skywalker to replace Female Jaden in the tent (representing Anakin's mother).
- Replaced Tusken Jedi with Tusken Chieftan, no longer having a Lightsaber, but instead dual Axes.
- Removed Robe from Mace Windu to more closely match AotC
Battle of Geonosis:
- Added new Republic Gunship sounds to replace the sounds of the X-Wing, for better accuracy.
Episode 3 Duels:
Rescue over Coruscant:
- Revamped the mission by porting it to a superior version by DarthNorman, with better lighting, actual modeled ships outisde the windows, destructable walkway rails, a pullable pipe, and more.
- Improved Cutscenes by making them more shot-to-shot to Revenge of the Sith.
Attack on the Jedi Temple:
- Added an all-new intro scene of the Jedi Temple March from Revenge of the Sith, taking place after the prologue, and before the actual mission.
- Added revamp of Ashura's clone troopers for Jedi Temple missions (Default, Commander, Commander Appo, Sniper).
- Added an animation fix for clones.
- Edited entrance scene of Anakin with Clone Troopers to have more logical positions (behind Anakin, to be actually entering the temple alongside him and following).
- Edited Shaak Ti to have a new shader effect
Assassination on Mustafar:
- Added 4 other Seperatist Leaders to the Hologram Area: Shu-Mai, Nemoidian Aide, Poggle the Lesser, and Senator Tikkes.
- Re-added missing effects from Movie Battles 2, so now there's more lava splashes and smoke.
- Replaced Asajj Ventress with a Nemoidian Brute Guard from Revenge of the Sith (Playstation 2).
Battle of the Heroes:
- Updated burned torso and hips textures for Obi-Wan.
- Updated Anakin Victory ending (Sith) to take place on the Republic Acclamator Bridge, as well as updating Anakin's execution of Palpatine.
Rise of the Empire Duels:
An Old Enemy:
- Revamped map with new lighting, a new skybox, new music, and playermodel fixes.
- Removed Old Ben and added exiled Obi-Wan instead (the event the Mission is based on is situated 3 years after Revenge of the Sith).
- Revamped map by porting the mission to an all-new version by Livingdeadjedi, with a mirror floor, a darker look, a useable meditation chamber, and more.
- Darth Maul has been replaced with Count Dooku to keep in line with those who have wronged Anakin in the past (Jedi in the Coruscant Jedi Temple, Obi-Wan).
- Revamped breathing by making it adjust based on HP Level
A New Hope:
- Overhauled Music to be straight from The Force Unleashed, and enhanced NPCs like Palpatine to be more of a threat.
- Added updated sounds for Palpatine and the Shadow Guards (Shadow Guards are mute, like in The Force Unleashed).
- Replaced Aayla Secura and Quinlan Vos, with Serra Keto and Cin Drallig (Revenge of the Sith Video Game).
- Ported to the revamped level from "An Old Enemy" with a different time of day.
- Replaced Shaak Ti with Quinlan Vos, to make up for his removal from Level 8, and to increase variety in colors.
- Overhauled with the readdition of the Lavafall from "Assassination on Mustafar".
- Clone Troopers Spawner now spawns Clone Shock Troopers
- Yoda's Spawner has been changed to now spawn Plo Koon
- Palpatine (from the SITH spawner) now has his AotC look
- Darth Maul (from the SITH spawner) now has a shirtless look
Starkiller's Last Trial:
- The mission is now properly accessible without getting stuck on the loading screen
Mission to the Jedi Temple (Starkiller Only):
- Overhauled Music to be actual Force Unleashed Jedi Temple Music.
- Movie Duels now has an updated Engine based off of OpenJK, that adds new sabercolors (Lime, White, Black, Unstable Red, RGB).
- New SFX Saber look options (Episodes 1-3, MB2 SFX, Original Trilogy).
- New Sabercolors like White, TFU Black, and a customizable color!
- More weapons (Clone Blaster, Clone Rifle, Battledroid Blaster, Jango Westar, and more).
- 2 new Force Powers (Stasis from KotOR and The Force Awakens, and Destruction from Dark Forces 2).
- Holstered Lightsabers, with option to make the holstered sabers upside down.
- Desann and Tavion stances now being able to have their own stance animation, and more.
- Lots of thanks to the Knights of the Force team, and to JaceSolaris for coding assistance.
- Thanks to the OpenJK engine update, which increases the NPC limit to be extremely high, we've readded all vanilla Jedi Academy NPCs, and even added fixed JK2 NPCs as a bonus.
- Added a new force effect for Force Shield and Force Push.
- Added a new fire effect.
- Added Force Seeing/Sight Force Power for all Jedi/Sith characters, with an improved effect.
- Added Melee/Fists weapon for all playable characters.
- Replaced Medpacks with Bacta Canisters, similar to the Revenge of the Sith video game.
- Added more realistic scaling for all NPCs in Movie Duels.
- Revamped Starkiller's animations to be more alike to The Force Unleashed, as well as readding roll-stab and saberlocking for him.
- Added custom animations to Mace Windu, adding two new stances based on his movie fight with Palpatine (medium, desann), his lunge attack is replaced by the pull-stab animation to differ him from ordinary Jedi.
- Edited Anakin Skywalker's animations with a new Blue stance, a new Purple stance
- Edited Count Dooku's animations with an added Desann stance, a new Fast-Kata, and a new taunt animation based on his AotC ready stance.
- General Grievous now has his own breathing animation when he stands, and he also has a new spinning kata, as well as a stab move.
- Rey now has her own set of animations, inspired by TFA, TLJ, and promotional material.
- Added A'Sharad Hett with two sabers to Character Selection.
- Added Mysteries of the Sith Mara Jade to Character Selection.
- Added Shirtless Maul to Character Selection.
- Added Sora Bulq to the Character Selection.
- Added Supreme Leader Snoke to the Character Selection.
- Battledroids no longer have decapitation textures when dismembered.
- Updated RotS Anakin Skywalker to have coloring similar to other games he appears in, mainly Force Arena and Revenge of the Sith (Game)
- Updated Count Dooku to have a head from Force Arena instead of The Force Unleashed.
- Updated Kylo Ren with darker clothes and a revamped, more accurate hood, as well as a shinier mask.
- Updated Luke Skywalker (A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back Bespin) with enhanced versions by Jeff
- Upgraded Rahm Kota with a full-port from The Force Unleashed, with an additional blind variation.
- Upgraded Emperor's Royal Guard with a more Return of the Jedi inspired look.
- Upgraded all Starkillers in the mod with fully ported models from The Force Unleashed.
- Upgraded Shadow Guard model with an improved Force Unleashed port.
- Merged Emperor/Senate/TCW skins with the default Palpatine model, added blinking to Palpatine.
- Added Ahsoka's Lightsaber Hilts from Rebels.
- Added Darth Maul's Lightsaber Hilt from Rebels.
- Gave RGB Glows to Luke's, Ben's, and Vader's Lightsabers to have a more Original Trilogy feel to them.
- Restored Base JKA Saber Blade lengths due to the SFX Saber Blade revamp.
- Added a new MD logo created by GP Channel, and edited by YeyoJK.
- Added moves tutorial for datapad menu.
- Added new Movie Duels logo for transparent console.
- Added all lightsaber hilts to the Challenge Saber Selection/in-game Saber Selection.
- Added All-new Loading Screens to the mod, with more detail than the previous versions.
- Added character showcases back to the menus (new Movie Duels OpenJK engine fixes animation limit in UI)
- Fixed Difficulty Settings to properly change for each mission, with Padawan, Jedi Knight, and Jedi Master matching their vanilla counterparts.
- Overhauled Character Selection to have far more Jedi and Sith from the Prequel Trilogy, the Original Trilogy, The Clone Wars (2008-2014), Rebels, and Legends, also featuring multiple skin/costume variants for multiple characters, though not all have multiple look-choices.
- Improved Subtitles to have various grammar fixes, as well as improved Objectives messages in Datapad.
- Edited NPC affiliations in Character Menu characters, so that Jedi has playerteam PLAYER and Sith playerteam ENEMY like in vanilla Jedi Academy (for the possibility of doing custom duels).
- Added Maul's double-bladed saber from Rebels.
- Added correct backhand sabers for Ahsoka Tano.
- Added improved version of Scerendo's Rey and Sweg's/Tompa's Crait Luke with a new TLJ soundpack.
- Added an improved version of Kyle Katarn by GP Channel/Tompa.
- Added a few new sound lines from the Revenge of the Sith video game (for Playstation 2 and Xbox) for Anakin, Windu and Yoda.
- Added Original Trilogy soundpack for older Emperor the younger Emperor (TFU/Rebels Era) has a 2017 Battlefront 2 soundpack.
- Updated Rey's voice with lines from DICE Battlefront II
- Updated Obi-Wan's voice with lines from DICE Battlefront II
- Updated General Grievous' voice with lines from DICE Battlefront II
- Fixed the Error menu not showing up when crashing back to main menu from a mission crash.
- Fixed the Temple Guard's missing saber.
- Fixed broken animations during cutscenes (Obi-Wan's backflip from platform on Mustafar lava river, Maul's fighting animation during "Old Enemy" mission...).
- Fixed music for darkside Mustafar ending and also mistiming with the voice lines.
- Fixed Emperor's force lightning on Masters of the Force part 2 (color changed to purple).
- Fixed missing dark ending music in A New Hope.
- Fixed missing skybox in Arrest the Chancellor map.
- Fixed Clone Wars Obi-Wan NPC to actually spawn.
- Fixed Jedi Temple skybox in Challenge mode and for Starkiller's extra mission.
- Fixed ui/loadscreen error message.
- Fixed Anakin's saber style to be duals and no longer Tavion style in the Rescue over Coruscant Bonus Mission (Anakin vs. Palpatine and Grievous).
- Fixed firing sound for Clone rifles (used to sound like Jango's Westar-34 Pistols).
- Fixed Magnaguard Staff having a missing hit sound effect.