This tool will legally extract the JK 1.01 binary from the patch EXE and then use various patches to downgrade it to JK 1.00 and upgrade it to JKUP.
This download includes all the files necessary for JKVersions to work:
- JKVersions 3.0 itself
- The JK 1.01 patch
- The JK 1.01->1.0 reverting patch
- The January 2008 JK Unofficial Patch
JKVersions on GitHub:
Released under the MIT License:
The_MAZZTer's readme for JKVersions 3.0:
Uses the official LucasArts Star Wars: Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight 1.0.1 patch to generate three different versions of the main JK.EXE binary suitable for using mods (or bypassing Steam DRM).
This program can do the following:
- Downloads the JK 1.0.1 patch (from jkhub.net or a custom location, or use a locally provided file).
- Extracts 7za.exe (and license) from itself.
- Extracts the full JK.EXE included in the patch.
- Downloads two patches (from jkhub.net or a custom location, or using locally provided files) to patch the file to 1.0 and a different patch which applies community-made changes to the game.
- Applies the patches using the tool included in the patch downloads.
- Verifies resources were patched correctly using file hashes.
- Backs up your original Steam executable (if you have the Steam version of Jedi Knight).
- Installs the files into your Jedi Knight directory (into patches, which is where my other Jedi Knight tool Knight can find them to use them).
This project is a Visual Studio 2019 project, for .NET Framework 4.6.2 (.NET 5 WinForms is too unstable to develop with).
New for version 3.0:
- .NET Framework version dependency bumped to 4.6.2 for .NET Standard 2.0 compatibility.
- Added settings file for customizing download URLs and hashes.
- Added form UI for customizing download URLs, which patches get applied, and where the resulting files get placed.
New for version 2.0:
- Recoded in C#!
- .NET Framework version dependency bumped to 4.5.2. (It should compile in older versions though.)
- Now finds your Jedi Knight directory for you and installs the files there! (If you have the Steam version you need to run it once to set it up first.)