- NEW UPDATED VERSION 2.1 - New features and fixes -
Jedi Outcast Expanded Menu
Complete new interface for Star Wars Jedi Outcast.
- JK2MV compatibility
- Cheats unlocked
- Full dismemberment unlocked
- NPC spawner menu
- Camera menu, with editable presets
- Music menu
- Cheats menu
- Mission select menu
- Map select menu
- Holographic clean ingame HUD
- Holographic animated flag models
- Main menu music and sounds
- Main menu video background
- All settings options unlocked and best settings selection
- Configurable saber color, force power, weapons, crosshair, speed options
- Manual saber blocking menu options
- Configurable pushing force options
- Quick ingame dismemberment button for the german version
- Controllable NPCs with clear view
- Last spawned NPC toggle follow button, works with all NPCs
- Last NPC quick spawn possibility
- NPCs adjustments and size variations
- Hidden bots models unlocked
- Fixed bots emotional attachments, weapons, force powers, saber color
- Blue invulnerable spawn shield
- Transparent shield impact effect
- Animated Force beam chat icon
- Animated water wake adjustements
- Bryar Blaster fire rate increased
- Ammo adjustments
- Alzoc III skybox fix
- And more...
- Best possible settings button.
- Widescreen and custom resolutions buttons
- Weapons position adjustements button
- Crosshair improvements buttons
- Toggle head bob button
- Toggle crouch script
- Brightness and gamma adjustments
- Frame rate drops on modern machines
- Multiplayer local server crash shaders fix
- And more...
- Skip intro video, main menu cinematic background
- Alzoc III demo exclusive level
- High quality loading screens
- High quality fonts and icons
- High quality dismemberment texture
- Text languages : English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian, Russian, Chinese
- Compatible with all languages, missing strings will be in English
- New Expanded Menus : Lyo
- New Menu Fonts : Lyo
- New Menu Sounds : Lyo
- New Clean HUD : Lyo
- High Quality Loading Screens : Lyo, Quiet Bob
- High Quality Large Fonts : Grab
- High Quality Fixedsys Console Fonts : Didz
- High Quality Crosshairs : Grab
- High Quality Teams & Flags Icons : Angel Soul
- High Quality Force & Weapons Icons : Grab
- High Quality Cursor & Greyscale Icons : Sentra
- High Quality Models Caps Texture : Langerd
- High Quality Animated Flag Model : Lyo
- Translation Review : Lyo
- Translation Italian : HellBaron, Xarabas
- Translation Hungarian : Dániel Szõke
- Translation Russian : IoG, Enpy, Фаргус
License: Other players may not share or modify this work without permission from the original authors.
Enjoy ! 🙂
Good Job !
I recommand ;)
Thanks ! :)
Will you make a similiar mod for Jedi Academy ?
I can do this one day maybe :)
There are some menu files to add and modify, but the base remains the same.
Also, there is already a similar Mod for Jedi Academy, this is SkyLine Menu ;)
Does the mod work for multiplayer as well?
Yes, this is for SP and MP ;)
I just tried installing this as per the readme.txt file... unfortunately when the game launches I get a white screen, but I can hear the music, and if I click my mouse the white screen goes away and I get to the new menu but the text is all garbled! HALP!?
The white screen is just because you seems to use a custom resolution like 720p or 1080p, then the editor's cinematic and screenshot from saved games will be white.
You can skip them by pressing a key.
If you'r text is all garbled, maybe you got another Mods which are in conflict.
So, you need to rename Expanded_Menu.pk3 to be loaded after the other Mods in alphabetical order. (With a "Z" as the first letter for example).
everytime I load it, the menu is invisible
What is the lanquage of your game ?
Maybe do you use another than English/French/German ?
Maybe have you another Mod which are in conflict.
Expanded_Menu.pk3 need to be loaded after the Mod which touch to the same things. (It's loaded by alphabetical order).
Does anybody else have an issue where the lightsaber blade is not shown? Sound effects and hilt are there but the saber is invisible. PC, Windows 10
Its a bug due to the saber gived by a cheat code for the first time. You just need to change your weapon and select again your lightsaber, and after, your lightsaber will be not invible anymore.
PS: I will upload a new version soon, to fix some bugs.
This mod is an absolute godsend for those who don't want to bother fiddling around with text editors all day just to get the desired variables to stick! Definitely looking forward to a Jedi Academy version, if that's in the cards! :D
Thanks for the feedback ;)
Maybe I'll do it, I'm pretty ready to do the Jedi Academy version, but it's not for now... ^^
Good game !
Great mod. I shall recommend to everyone.
Thank you :)
When I have some time I will update the Mod with a new music menu, adding some camera presets, some new fields and bug fixes in the current menu.
Have fun !
Thank you very much for this great mod Lyorran! I really like the option to easily select different missions and maps an to easily use cheats. I have only two suggestions if you are planing the future updates:
1. Could you consider adding additional Imperial Base level? This is really the best additional SP level that I have found and it feels like the original Kejim levels.
2. Could you return the beautiful original game HUD, that was slightly changed in your mod?
And it would be great if you could do something similar for JA in the future.
Best regards and thanks!
Firstly, thank you for your feedback which is encouraging and motivating for the future. ;)
Regarding your request, I could add some community maps to the menu to have easier and better access to news maps.
But there is a need that the original authors should always respond to their email, to see if they accept the addition of their content in Expanded Menu. And the contents are quite old...
Concerning the HUD, I will look to potentially put them as an option. But originally, I cleaned the base HUD to be more harmonious with the entire game interface.
I'll think about it.
Good game !
when i dismember i am getting floating squares that pop up for the animation. is anyone else having this glitch??? and how can i fix it everything else works great accept the dismemberment :/
This comes from one of your Mods which tries to modify the effects of the game, like a blood or an enhanced weapons Mod.
Try to locate the Mod in question, and rename the file by adding in the first letter the one which is necessary for the correct reading order of the Mod.
And let Expanded_Menu.pk3 be read last by adding a Z as the first letter for exemple.
May the Force be with you.
wow, i like this mod.
Good news, have fun ! :)
Thanks for creating this! It's very useful!
With pleasure, thanks !
Outside of a full on remaster(which the entire Dark Forces series deserves), the only things I can suggest for the mod is adding support for 4K resolutions as mine are(3840x2160) which works but it has the White screen for the intro cinematic, and loading screens. Also perhaps a size tool for the crosshairs, and maybe more control on mouse sensitivity. Maybe it's just me, but I feel it a tad difficult for smooth aiming(regardless of mouse smoothing) though that could just be because wasn't designed for higher resolutions. One last thing, is it me or does it seem the first person weapons seem to far back or low and not up and forward enough? I know FOV can make them more visible but I swear I used to be able to see more of the weapons in FP better.
but again, I know a full remaster would solve all this but until that happens this is a great alternative.
Keep up the great work!
Everything has been fixed in the latest version of the Mod.
If I want to use FX Mod with Expanded Menu, I just have to add the assets8_Fx file in GameData/base? is there anything else I have to do?
Best regards and thanks!
As you say, yes you just have to place the files in the 'Base' folder in 'GameData'.
If you want to start on a clean install, you should follow the quick steps in the 'ReadMe' file.
Have fun ! ;)