A conversion mod design to allow playing vanilla DOOM/DOOM2 on Heretic. Converts all the textures/enemies/items into fantasy themed equivalents intended to blend into the Heretic universe. Should work with any levels designed with only vanilla DOOM/DOOM2 assets. Link to more info in description. REQUIRES GZDOOM
A conversion mod design to allow playing vanilla DOOM/DOOM2 on Heretic. Converts all the textures/enemies/items into fantasy themed equivalents intended to blend into the Heretic universe. Should work with any levels designed with only vanilla DOOM/DOOM2 assets.
For more info visit this topic:
Version 1.25 Updates:
- Fixed some bugs with the Saberclaws (low ceiling issues), and the Bastets (could sometimes get stuck in their teleporting mode while also able to attack).
- Added corpse mirroring for many of the minor enemies, similar to Duke Nukem monsters. Makes piles of bodies look less repetitive.
- Added half-arsed support for Freedoom/Final Doom. All the additional textures from those games are now added with their palettes fixed to Heretic, but I didn't take the time to find fantasy themed replacements for them (It took me about a month just to sort through and implement replacements for all of DOOM/DOOM2's textures). So if you don't mind the loss of immersion they are now technically playable.
Version 1.2 Updates:
- Several more enemies received buffs
- Fixed some minor floor textures not animating properly with the toploader method/
- This toploader method should now work if used with the DOOM/DOOM2 IWAD! No longer do you need to split the stages into their own seperate PWAD. YOU STILL NEED TO RUN IT AS HERETIC WITH THE HERETIC IWAD AS THE MAIN WAD. Make sure to list HereticMTOTopLoad.wad AFTER the DOOM wad in the load order.
Version 1.15 updates:
- A palette swap of the Weredragons has been added as one of the Hell Knight replacers. That makes D'Sparil the only vanilla Heretic enemy that doesn't have a variant that appears in this mod.
- Buffed the health of the Pyro Succubus and Lesser Heresiarch. Both were a bit weak compared to the monsters they replace (Barons and Arch-Viles).
- The Top Loader Wad now directly references DOOM's XLAT data. While there are still some minor sector bugs in stages MAP24 and MAP29 it should now be about as accurate to DOOM's sector effects as GZDoom will allow.