This is a collection of maps you can use with FoK's 3.5 release. Enjoy!
Um, pardon me for being dense, but how do I install the maps?
yeah... i have no idea on how to get this it would be greatly appreciated if u added a read me file...
Okay; to get the maps in game you need to:
1. Extract all the files from this download to somewhere temporary. Like the desktop.
2. Open the folder you just extracted and navigate to the 'scenarios' folder within that.
3. Right click on the 'mp' folder and select copy.
4. Navigate to your Dawn of war Dark Crusade Scenarios folder. The default should be:
C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\DXP2\Data\Scenarios
5. Right click and select paste.
6. When asked if you wish to merge folders, say yes.
7. Repeat that process with the 'loading' folder (from your download).
8. Now, select and copy your 'sp' maps.
9. Copy the 'sp' folder to:
C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\dow40k_DC\Data\scenarios
You will need to create the 'scenarios' folder in 'Data' if it doesn't exist.
(If you copy it to the normal Dawn of war, it won't start).
7. Enjoy your new maps! (Also, feel free to delete the remains of the folder you moved to your desktop before.)
There is probably a simpler way to do this, being just copying the all the folders from the download straight into your Dawn of War: Dark Crusade folder and merging.
However this way you can use FoK maps even when playing another mod or Vanilla DoW.
Hope this helped.
For the God Emperor!
uhhhhh, my Data folder in DXP2 is empty.... should i just paste it in data anyway?
do t6hese maps work for people without FOK?
Yes the multi player/skirmish ones (labelled MP in the download) should do.
As long as you place them in your normal Dawn of War folder
(C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\DXP2\Data\Scenarios)
rather than in the FoK folder.
While you probably could add the SP (Campaign) ones as well I'm not entirely sure where they would go.
Or why you would really want to as they're essentially the same maps that come with Vanilla Dark Crusade.
i've got a problem
everywhere which was modded added etc i have a radnom number + No Range there no text also at the dircription etc which makes it hard to know what i produce xD
any way to change that i am using the german version
I've had to re download my DC so I also had to re get the patch and whenever I extract any version I keep getting these error messages when the files extract from the winrar. The file shows up on DC file area, but in the game, I can't get the mod to work. Should I use another zip device?
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.