Intended for BDv21, aim to be minor adjustements and fixes, without changing the core of brutal doom. Includes: reduced drops for some types of ammo, weapon bug fixes, revamped revolver, powered up Railgun and grenade launcher, tweaked minigun, and more.
[Changelog at the bottom]
It contains 3 main modules, Weapons, Armor, Monsters. Use the one you want, or load them all for a full tweaked experience.
Each module have a menu in the options for customization.
Weapon Module (Lowish_Ammo):
- Weapons remember if dual wielded when swapped out
- Minigun alternate fire a lot faster, but the muzzle will shake making it hard to aim.
- Revolver will use pistol bullets (5 per shot) and will have a faster but inaccurate alt fire (and will spawn)
- Grenade launchers will have a larger AOE and more damaging explosion, but will be weak on single targets.
- Grenades do a lot more damage, but decrease faster on the edge of the AOE and you can carry less of them.
- Railgun does more damage, but it also use more ammo per shot
- Flamethrower and its ammo will spawn.
- From the options menu it's possible to set each weapon spawn priority, and have a very fine control on which weapons will spawn in a level.
Monster Module (FindusMonsterTweaks)
- Alternate unused monsters will spawn
- Improved headshot system, which should remove few weird damage spikes and be more efficient. But overall headshots will require more precision.
- Many fixes to monsters behaviour and hitboxes
- Fatality bonuses from monsters tweaked: armor will drop if you use fire, health will drop if you shred them
- Enabled some unused monsters
- Completely remade AI for Arachnorb, into something quite annoying (feedback needed).
- You can change spawn rates of new monsters in the option menu, to make them appear more often or to disable them completely if you wish.
- Some monsters can rage even when not taunted, gaining different attacks or behaviour.
Items Module (FindusItemTweaks)
- Armor protection ratings slightly tweaked so they're not all the same
- 2 Completely new armors: Blood Healing Armor and Power Shield Armor.
- You can decide which armors will spawn in the options menu
For compatibility with other mods is better that you read the README.txt file, but in general the Weapon module would be the only one who could give you troubles.
For the full list of files, changes, requirements, and load order, check the README.txt file in the archive.
These mods are the result of my preferences and playstyle, since no other update, mod, or expansion, suited me. Maybe someone will find them useful as well.
ChangeLog summary (full changes in text files)
- Fixed a Bug that can make Korax unkillable
- A lot of overhauling to improve code and efficiency.
- New Boss monster added which can repalce the cyberdemon (Korax from Hexen)
- Improved some monsters AI
- Refined Revolver
- Minor bugfixes
- Added compatibility module for usin Lowish_Ammo module with the expansion 0.3.0.
Mostly bugfixes, like:
- Fixed a bug that made monster not trigger events when killed (like DOOM2 map07 Dead simple, where killing mancubus should lower walls)
- Fixed a bug that made the hellknight head not exploding from SSG shots even when dealing massive damage. (more on this in the text logs)
- Monster module v0.2.0, won't be compatible with older save files
- Completely reimplemented Headshot system code from scratch, to take advantage of zscript features. Should be more accurate, easier to utilize and expand.
- Recoded almost all monsters to use zscript, Monsters Fixes and improvements
- Monster spawn chances are now separate for each monster
- New armors balance update
- Added option menus in game
- A LOT of Code refactoring for better scalability and efficiency.
- Rage system reworked
- New (optional) armors introduced
- Improved Headshot underlying code, not all monsters are still updated for it
Monsters fine tuning, and improving headshots consistency with SSG.
Restored SSG damage to full static as vanilla bdv21, and moved over the randomness to only specific monsters who use it for death variety.
Updated the monster tweaks to v0.0.4 to correct a breaking issue with Spider Mastermind infighting everything.