Dungeons & Treasure is a roguelike dungeon crawler created with voxel art for Virtual Reality (VR). The game will be released for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. The version here on will be updated to a certain point, so we can gather information and feedback on the game. So let us know what you think about this project. You can also subscribe to the game on our official website (linked in profile).
Feel free to tweet, stream, upload videos and share the game. Please also link to the project and mention that this is an early version. Have fun!
Controls for oculus are not perfect yet, but do work
While the game is in development we plan to add following features for the full release:
* Random generated dungeons (every play through is different. A dungeon is completed if the boss is defeated. The next dungeon will have a completely new theme and enemies)
* Waypoints (dungeons are pretty large, so you will be able to teleport to different locations to avoid massive backtracking)
* Weapons and shields (you will be able to carry weapons and shields, which you can mix as you wish (e.g. 2 weapons, 1 weapon + 1 shield, 2H weapon + no shield). Shields will have a defensive skill, either active or passive)
* Active item (you will be able to carry an item, which will have an active use skill with a certain cooldown)
* Upgrades (upgrades for you and your weapons can be found)
* Different enemies (enemies will drop currency which you can use to buy items from a shopkeeper. This currency only exists in the current playthrough)
* Shopkeeper (shopkeepers can be found in a playthrough. They will sell you a random assortment of items)
* Obstacles (in every dungeon there will be obstacles e.g. spike traps, falling boulders, etc.)
* Companions (you will find companions, which will follow you and assist you in your battles. There will be multiple companions and will act on their own)
* Bosses (there will be a unique boss at the end of each dungeon)
* Minimap (a minimap will help you to not lose orientation. It will also show additional info like rooms you already explored, upgrades, shopkeepers, etc.)
* Secret rooms (secret rooms can be found. Secret rooms can be rewarding or maybe not)
* Currency (there will be two types of currency: fleeting currency, which is dropped by all enemies and can be used to buy items from the shopkeepers for your current playthrough and a persistent currency, which is used to unlock weapons, items, shields, etc. These unlocked items can then be dropped or found in your next playthrough)
* Locomotion (there are three types of locomotion planned: trackpad/analog movement and choose a destination, you will move to that destination while you are still able to act. The classical normal teleportation)
Many of these features are not yet in the demo, but hopefully there is enough now to get a feeling in which direction this game goes.
We updated the demo to the next version. It seems that the core system works as intended. In this update we want to test the melee mechanics and the shield. You will be able to use the shield to block melee and ranged attacks. Enemies drop now currency and hearts, so you can regenerate some life.
The teleporter controls are too far away for melee weapons, we are aware of that. The whole design for the teleporter will change in future anyway.
Here are the changes:
*Added Melee weapon
*You can now pick 2 out of 3 weapons at the start
*Haptic feedback for various things
*Added some sound effects
*Added small spread to the projectiles, so dodging is a bit more difficult now
*Enemies now drop currency
*Enemies now drop health (1/2 Heart, Full Heart)
*Waypoints currently broken (you cant use them with melee weapons)