New version release 1.2.6 of DeI. Both Parts required. Please see our website for more information, thanks!
Balance and other changes:
– Ranged attack and reloading now properly apply fatigue to units.
– Fatigue penalty increased but it takes longer to reach the various tiers.
– Slightly increased unit spotting range.
– Reworked unit experience threshholds.
– Reworked morale values to make them more balanced throughout a campaign.
– Reduce killing power of infantry charge, units with expert charge defense can effectively counter charges.
– Melee intervals (cooldown between attack animations) lowered from 3 to 1.5 seconds.
– Spear units are now tougher to kill in melee, Sword units have a bonus vs infantry.
– Unit hitpoints and weapon damage reworked, hopefully cavalry and elephants will take less casualties from autoresolve
– Various specific units like agrianian infantry, Socii units and war dogs reworked.
Ranged Combat Changes:
– Artillery ammo reduced, slightly increased damage to siege equipment from fire.
– Iberians now have access to their historical flaming javelins.
– Fixed trajectory of horse archer attacks sometimes preventing AI from fully using them.
– Added small knockback chance to all ranged weapons when soldiers are wounded by projectiles.
– Cavalry harder to decimate by precursor javelins of infantry but those javelins can now disrupt charges with knockback.
Battle AI Behavior:
– AI should now use disciplined formation in defensive battles.
– Both Shock and Melee cavalry are classified as shock cavalry now to improve AI use of those units.
– Infantry without ranged weapons will now properly brace vs cavalry and will use non phalanx formations properly.
Unit Movement and Combat Animations:
– All Thureophoroi and 2handed non heavy units now have 3 speed.
– Pikes and Hoplites have a harder time passing through enemy units.
– More rare kill animations should play out.
– Slight increase to medium and heavy infantry speed.
– Increased unit acceleration and deceleration speed to improve unit spacing after charge.
– Improved unit spacing for many units and fixed issues of unit overlap.
– Increased variety between soldier heights for various units.
– Fatigue penalties are now added to the unit status (i.e. Fresh 100% strength, Tired 70% strength)
– Morale % is now displayed on the unit UI status when you hover over your unit (i.e. Eager Morale 85-100%)
– Added ranged stats to elephant UI display
New Special Horses & Cavalry Changes
– Various units now have special horse types that give them specific bonuses.
– New Thessalian horse entry that combines both speed and charge power.
– Numidian horse that lacks charge but has great speed/acceleration, guerilla deployment and ignores ground penalties.
– Celtic Mairepos warhose that has speed and a greater charge power due to size.
– New Parthian Nisean horses as well.
– Camels now have custom weapon entries with a combat advantage over horses and a larger morale hit against cavalry.
– Reduced and added more variety to cavalry running speeds.
– Elephants have been reworked – they are more resilient against ranged and a bit easier to kill in prolonged melee. Fixed an issue where some tower elephants had double the hitpoints intended.
– Reduced strength of frontal cavalry charge on fresh units but increased ratio of AI cycle charging. AI will cycle charge less if they are doing well in melee.
– Cavalry takes larger casualties when pulling out of combat.
– Iberian horses once again have their unique look and changed look of Iberian armored horse.
New Median Overhaul and Reforms (Preview)
– New reform units added for Atropatkan. Around 9 new units, added at 2 reform levels.
– 2 new custom reforms: Iranian (65 turns) and Imperial (211 turns and certain regions).
– Media can now confederate with other Persian factions.
– New faction emblem and unit cards.
– New Persian culture emblem.
New Units For Other Factions
– 3 new Spartan units, new Parthian unit, new Nabatean unit, updated Rhodian unit, new Cretan Mercenary unit, new Sarmatian unit and new Hellenic AOR Galatian unit.
– Changed visuals and stats for Camillan Equites and Campanian Cavalry.
– Changed visual for Syrian elephants.
– Updated visuals for three Parthian Cataphracts units and Dahae Nobles.
New Barbarian Faction Traits from DMW
– Updated traits for Gallic, Germanic, British and Iberian factions to make them much more unique.
– Highlights include the Arverni’s new ability to form client states, new population system interaction for various factions, and more.
Naval Overhaul Summary from Demosthenes26
– Ramming speeds, acceleration, and base ramming damage have been increased to make ramming more effective. Most ships can sink a ship of the same type in two rams. This makes double-teaming a great tactic, as a follow-up ram from a short distance has reduced force.
– Updated the recruitment templates for all AI Hellenic factions, reflecting battle fleets and patrol fleets with historical faction considerations. Generally an “early” and a “late” version of each, with the late version given preference once those ships are available.
– More Scorpions added on Tetreres level ships and up.
– Lighter vessels now have further campaign movement range than heavier vessels, allowing for patrol vs battle fleets.
– More Hellenic factions can recruit Hexaremes and Hepteres, with variation depending on the faction.
New Capital Change Button
– The button has been moved to a new location in the top right of the settlement panel. Thanks to DETrooper for the UI wizardry!
– The button will no longer have the overlay problem for some players after battles and will no longer open the encyclopedia when clicked.
– Some text issues fixed.
Major Campaign Changes
– Barbarian transport ships will now be immune to attrition when near one of their cities.
– Fixed AI Carthage’s defense script and made it more robust.
– Women generals for factions that have them now receive the Commander/Brawler/Scholar traits.
– Women politician-only characters now have special personality and background traits. Existing women in save games will retain older versions of these traits.
– Agents now have new background traits with effects better suited for them. Existing agents retain older traits.
– Fixed various ancillaries that were triggering but not being assigned (thanks MrTimbe!) and lowered some chances for ancillaries that were happening too frequently.
– Slight reduction to overcrowding effect on 1st class population.
– Commander trait will no longer decrease from “close victories”.
– Intellectual trait has a slightly higher chance to increase and slightly lower chance to decrease.
– New faction emblems for various factions to make them more in line with other emblems. Thanks to Jake!
– Unit costs and upkeep have been recalculated based on new stats and battle changes. Also, various core mercenaries have had their costs properly increased.
All Factions Playable Submod
– Victory conditions have been added for all factions.
– New frontend map images for all factions from Lugos. Huge thanks!
– Fixed issue where autosaving wasn’t working properly.
– New Persian culture emblem added.
– Fixed various units not being properly designated as bodyguard units and missing out on commander effects.
– Changed supply system region names to match our city names rather than the now defunct region name system.
– Fixed Seleucid Companion cavalry unit not properly locking when late version is made available through reforms (new campaign only).
– Replaced Companion Cavalry unit card with older version.
– Fixed typo in intellectual trait description.
– Fixed missing ancillary image.
– Increased food, agriculture income and sell food edict income effect from livestock farm buildings.
– Increased income and income modification effect from livestock forum main city building.
– Fixed Athenian AOR hoplite description text
– Fixed bugged Illyrian general skin
– Changed Libyan Hoplites for Carthage to 3rd class.
– Fixed light cavalry masters army tradition having inverted effects for tier 2/3.
– Reverted Apulian and Lucanian unit hoplon patterns to older versions.
– Fixed starting RoR Roman family leader traits
– Added new unit cards for Egypt Thorax swords and 2 Macedonian bodyguard units.
– Fixed population size for a Meroe unit.
– Fixed a Barbarian ancillary image.
– Added missing effects to Syracuse HatG special temple.
– Fixed flavor text for Military Academy buildings.
– Fixed Galatian Noble cav missing legs.
– Fixed incorrect upgrade chains for Hellenic iron main city buildings.
– KAM for all the crazy hard work on so much of this update – from the battle changes to the Media overhaul!
– Mr Timbe for the hard work helping to fix the ancillary issue and the great help with the barbarian supply transports. Big thanks!
– Lugos for all the great work on the AFP submod art
– DMW for the hard work on the faction trait ideas
– Big thanks to DETrooper for the UI work on the change capital button!
– Thanks to Jake for the new Media emblem and many faction emblems.
– Thanks to Paladin94610 for the help with various fixes!
– Once again big thanks to sourav for the Media unit cards.
– Major thanks to Demosthenes for all the work on the naval changes
– Thanks to Celticus for the new sword model and helmet texture.
– Thanks to Shapur e Sassani for help with Median names.