This is an updated patch for the DCI: Last Alliance Public Beta mod for Third Age Total War 3.2. Not Save-game compatible.
Not Save-game compatible
This patch includes a fix to the spider, wolves and ents crashes, more information in additional notes
DCI Last Alliance Patch manual installation instructions:
- Requires Third Age 3.2 with DCI: Last Alliance Public Beta installed
- 3. Extract/unzip the downloaded DCI_LA_BETA_PATCH.7z file into your '...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3' folder. Accept overwrite and/or merge folders when requested.
- Run DcilaCleaner.bat - located in '...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3' folder.
- Run CreateLauncher.bat - located in '...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\dcilaOtherFiles' folder
- Launch the mod by double clicking the 'DCI Last Alliance' icon on your desktop or the DCILA.bat file (DCILA_NoBaiSwitcher.bat will run DCI:LA without the battle AI switcher)
- Ents, Spiders and Wolves no longer cause crashes during battles
- Replaced Ents' shoving attack with a ground slam attack
- Ents can attack and kill Mumakils
- Great spiders can be recruited in Cirith Duath by Mordor and Orcs of the Misty Mountains
- Great forest spiders can be recruited in Amon Lanc by Mordor and Orcs of the Misty Mountains
- Hunter spiders added as very rare mercenaries in Greenwood area
- Great Spiders added as very rare mercenaries in Cirith Duath and Minas Ithil regions
- Changed spider stats
- Added strat map model and portrait to ambushing spiders
- Added rebel garrison to Thoronburg
- Added rebel garrison to Erelond when playing as Harad
- Added rebel garrison to Dalathails
- Added gate to Kibil Dum and Goblin town allowing garrisons to sally out
- Mordor orc units have been revamped: optimized and given visual armor upgrades.
- DcilaReference.pdf updated with more info
- Sicca province can be upgraded to next level settlement
- Harondor aor units can be recruited from Harondor, East Harondor, Harfalas and Barad Ethir
- More sprites added to mordor units
- Spawned Nazgul are no longer silver surfers
- Anduin Marhdrauht Lancers and Anduin Marh Archers are available as mercenary units and as Tol Acharn mercenaries in the regions of Rhosgobel, Imathrad, Langhaims and Grarhaims
- Anduin Marhdrauht Lancers have armor piercing attribute when using axes
- Chieftain's Haladin unit no longer has ap attribute
- Numenorean Guardians vambraces have correct texture placement
- Numenorean generals under Mordor rule have correct title when mousing over them in the strategy map
- Updated descriptions for orc mercenary units
- Unit descriptions for Galadriel's Guard, Lórinand Bodyguards and Archers refer to the correct secondary weapon
- 'Roquen' (knight) units have correct name spelling
- Tol Acharn tooltip refers to tradition instead of obedience
- Elven heralds for Lothlorien and Eryn Galen spawn with correct strategy map model
- Rhudaur Reavers use correct animation
- Lindon captain model in mercenary units display the correct texture
- Miner militia have correct description and battle ui for their ability "dwarven bellow"
- Khazad Spearmen unit has been given spearmen animations
- Reshuffled elven portraits for added variety and some other 2d fixes
- Mention of the Osgiliath Ferry has been removed
- This patch has been updated with new fixes, if you have the previous version installed you can just install the updated patch on top of it.
- DcilaReference.pdf located inside your third_age_3 folder has a more information on in-game shortcuts and faction features.
- Creatures such as wolves, spiders and ents no longer cause crashes. Unfortunately Balrogs might still cause the occasional crash, the Balrog will be completely redesigned for full release so it will no longer be an issue. Creatures are very powerful units so if you would like you can still disable them with the CTRL+X shortcut.
- Tol Acharns called on Barad Dur might cause turn times to be much longer. The Tol Acharn can be cancelled by using the shortcut SHIFT+J.
- Moving the camera in the campaign map with a general selected will cause the camera to lag, deselect the general for smooth camera movement.
- Detailed crash reports such as units present during a battle and save games might help the team identify and fix problems.
Thank you for playing our mod. If you've enjoyed the mod so far please leave a review, we appreciate it.