Requires Warband version 1.161 or higher. Has Diplomacy as base. DO NOT PLAY WITH WSE. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH PRIOR VERSION SAVES (sorry).
Contains full mod and source code. Just unzip Custom Troop Trees folder into your Modules folder.
Updates over prior version:
- Troops are no longer ever locked for editing; any troop in the tree can be edited at any time, infinite times
- Items can now be added via Morgh's or text editing and show up as equipment options, but only if a new game is started after the items are added.
- Troop classes (e.g. Infantry, Archers, Cavalry) are now set automatically upon saving based on equipment
- Bug fixed: Troops appearing naked in party screen upon loading game
- Bug fixed: Item modifiers being lost on equipment added to troops
- Bug fixed: When doing the train peasants quest, the village could be attacked by naked custom troops instead of bandits
- Troop levels have been rebalanced so that funds available for troops in the 3-branch tree are significantly higher
- If multiple shields are added to equipment, remaining funds is now calculated by subtracting the average shield value instead of stacking them
- Player is given renown when starting as a king, so won't be treated like a beggar
- As king, player's party size is significantly boosted so that you don't start as a king who can only field a few dozen men
- Starting as a king now gives consistent results when it comes to player kingdom fiefs; there will no longer be random castles across the map being added at start
- Bug fixed: Constable offering troop customisation dialogue option prior to becoming king, with strange results
- Constable recruitment dialogue uses custom troops prefix
- The Reset option on troops now resets troop names
- If a change to stats or equipment is made and then unmade, the buttons are the top will reflect that the troop remains umodified (not so with name changes)
- Riding skill is initially set to 0 for all troops
Is there a way to implement this mod into other total conversion mod such as AWOFAI or PoP?
Not without the source code for the mod and intermediate skill at using the module system.
Neither of which i possess *sigh. Well it's a shame but this mod itself is pretty awesome in by itself, so great job!
Awesome update, thank you so much for hearing people's suggestions and taking them, not to mention how quickly you put out the update.
Is the yell_on_charge in mission_templates something you implemented or part of a diplomacy update?
Something I implemented. It wasn't actually even meant to be a feature, I was just testing if I could do it out of curiosity and then forgot to remove it lol. Doesn't hurt though I guess.
Cool, it threw me off a bit as I wasn't expecting changes within the module_xxx files, but it's a lovely little addition.
It's really unfortunate that you can't play older saves of this mod every time it updates. Do you know what's causing that?
There are some changes that will work fine with an existing save and some that will mess up a bunch of things. One example here is that I had to change the order of troops to fix a bug. In the train peasants quest you eventually get a battle against bandits. To get the type of bandit it adds a random number to the index of looters. I tried to place the custom troops at the end of all the faction troops, which is right before the bandits. Unfortunately it was off by one and they all came in just after looters, so you could end up fighting a bunch of naked unassigned custom troops in the village instead of bandits. I had to move all the troops up one spot, but the save game won't compensate for that so you might get looter parties actually full of custom troops or other strange results.
Hope that gives an idea of the kinds of issues. It definitely sucks, I know.
Yes I get it now. I actually noticed that on the troops.txt, I obviously didn´t know what could go wrong but while trying to convert a native savegame into your module I thought that could be an issue, then I learnt that it was probably way more difficult than that xD
Anyway, thanks for the reply and for the mod, it is really great!
Edit: Btw, when are the base stats added to the first troop? Is it random? I was trying to hardcode them to be stronger directly in the troops.txt but their stats are all empty
The base stats are added in a script, off the top of my head it's something like script_cstm_troop_set_default_stats. Have to do it that way cause the game randomly adds stats at the start of each new game.
Ohh nice, the more you know xD
Do you take suggestions directly from here or should I PM you?
I got an idea, don't know if it is doable, worth it or any good, but it is an idea.
Suggesting here is fine, go ahead!
I was trying to get random weapons on the lower tier troops but the budget was too tight and they don't average the price (as they shouldn't) so i thought, is it possible to have inventories to specific slots? Like, there are 4 weapon slots, if each had one inventory you could chose multiple different possible drops, yet never allow to get more than one of those, basically making it viable to average the cost of the possibilities for said slot. I don't know if I made the idea clear but if you think it could work I can try to explain better
That is a very interesting idea. I actually feel like it will work really well for a future project I have planned, which is combining this mod with another I've made: Persistent Troop Identities. In that mod, an equipment loadout is given to every individual soldier, having a pool of possible items for each slot would be a fantastic idea and then I could definitely have the cost worked out that way.
For the mod as it currently is, I don't control how soldiers are equipped on the battlefield. It's all the game engine's doing, so I can't tie any items to particular slots and it makes less sense. I'm going to keep it in the back of my mind though, thanks for the suggestion.
No problem, good luck with that other project, I hope it works out-
Awesome changes btw, very appreciated!
nice now i can have Temlar knights :DDDD
I tought that this update will allow to equip my troops with tournament like equipment, and with the strange armor set.
Note sure why you thought that. I was asked if I could do this and I replied that I wouldn't.
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.