Version 21 Gold. READ THE MANUAL INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD FILE.
READ THE MANUAL INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD FILE.
May 16 2019 Release Candidate 11
- Fixed a few more bugs.
- Further improved the gore system.
- All PSX Maps fully working.
- Flamecannon and Flamethrower now moved to Slot 9 as it was supposed to be.
- All armor types now saves 50%, to match classic Doom's Blue Armor, and solve issues with vehicles and the IDFA cheat.
- Revolver now allows to change ammo for rifle bullets as alt-fire.
May 08 2019 Release candidate 10
- Fixed several bugs that caused the game to crash.
- Several improvements on blood effects.
- Friendly marines no longer turn solid when attacking.
- New indicator icon when the MG GL is out of ammo.
- Rocket backblast no longer hurts friendly marines.
- Bonus Items droped by destroyable decorations no longer counts towards maximum item count to prevent bugs
- Removed the annoying "UHHHH HAAAHAAA" sound from rescuing marines (replaced by D64 Guy taunt sound).
March 31 2019 Release Candidate 9
- Fixed bugs reported on RC8
- Axe revamped. New sprites, new alt fire, Dual Wield button throws it.
- New sprites for the sub-machinegun and machinegun reload.
- Reduced companion Marine chatter by 50%.
- Nerfed pinky attack range
- Zombies no longer attack other burning zombies to prevent bugs.
- There is a total of 9 functioning Deathmatch maps now (BDM01, BDM02, BDM03, BDM04, BDM05, BDM06, BDM08, BDM09, BDM10)
March 01 2019 Release Candidate 8
- Many bugs fixed.
- Much smoother dirt particles when shooting the floor.
- Further gore improvements.
- Punching is more efficient.
- Grenade Launcher has a proper ammo indicator.
- Whenever the player has Berserk strength, there will be a small red square with a black cross next to the player's mugshot.
- When the player fires the Machinegun's underbarrel grenade, it will display a small red dot next to the player's crosshair until the grenade is reloaded again or the weapon is switched.
January 18 2019 Release Candidate 7
- Fixed bugs reported on previous RCs.
- Added an option to disabe auto-reloading.
- Pistol has now a burst-fire mode that can be activated with alt-fire.
- Started the final replacements of old gore sprites (on this build, notably on zombie death sprites and gibs).
December 16 2018 Release Candidate 4 (hopefully last release before "final" v21 on new year's eve)
- Merged with the new gore system of Bolognese. New sprites and new effects for gibs falling from the ceiling,
flying brain pieces, and more.
- MUCH more efficient friendly marine respawn system. Now a marine that survives a level will spawn on the next level
99% of times, and will spawn instantly, with no teleport effects.
- Chainsaw rewritten, better attack sprites, more chances of stunlocking enemies.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to keep firing both guns when dual-wielding even after the mag on the single weapon version was empty.
- Fixed a RC3 bug that made bloody footsteps disappear.
- Fixed a bug that caused weapons to disappear after death on GZDoom.
- Shotguns rebalanced in a way that makes them easier to hit multiple enemies without losing their accuracy.
- BFG tracers will no longer target friendly marines.
- Removed blood driping from the player when health is low (useless, annoying, and only poluted the code).
- Fixed bugs on unloading autoshotgun.
- Grenades can now go through teleports.
- Fists improved, better movements, jabs are faster, you can do a left hook after two jabs.
- Tactical class now will feature better and fast weapons, but got move speed further reduced by 10%, weapons have recoil, and now takes damage from bullet shrapnel and can't dual wield rifles and smgs.
- Added more difficulty options.
- Improved weapons mode description (like, Purist now explains that it's an oldschool mode, etc.).
- Improved head hitbox and attack animations for Revenants.
November 10 2018 Release Candidate 3
- Now it is possible to aim down the sights both by a toggle aim mode (press alt fire once) or holding the alt fire button.
- Shotgun can only carry 8 shells in the tube + 1 shell in the chamber, for realism and balance purposes.
- Improved head hitbox for mancubus.
- SMG Zombies no longer spawn rifle casing.
- Changed BFG 9000 ammo cost per shot from 40 to 50, increased splash damage from 100 to 200.
- Changed BFG 10k projectile type, fixing some bugs.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed the player to have infinite ammo for the Super Shotgun.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to eat a tank and absorb its hit points.
- Removed muzzle climb for all regular weapons (now they only have it when dual-wielding).
- Power up durations will now show properly on alternative huds.
- Now the Shotgunguy will have a visible carry strap on its weapon just like the player (sprites by Xamp)
- Added Blackmore1014's grenade sprites, to replace the old unfitting Vietnam era-like grenades.
- You can no longer upset explosive barrels until they explode.
- Several small bugs fixed.
October 28 2018 Release Candidate 2-B
- Reverted aiming mode to toggle mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Revenant Mode to not fire any weapons.
- Fixed missing texture error messages.
- Added a CVAR to disable rocket backblast (bd_rocketbackblast)
- Added a CVAR to disable voxel decorations spawned by the Map Enhancement System (bd_voxeldec) because Voxels causes Android users to crash.
October 27 2018 Release Candidate 2
- Non-monster objects will no longer show health bars.
- Map Enhancement System is finished for Doom 1.
- New Assault Shotgun sprites.
- New brightmaps and better light effects for all firearms.
- All aiming modes (with exception of scoped weapons) now requires to hold the alt fire button instead of pressing once to switch. This makes the code better, allowing faster action, fixing a bug that caused the weapon to not fire if the aim mode was used and the fire button pressed imediately, and makes the aim mode more similar to recent modern games.
- Fixed an old bug that caused imp and pinky demons melee attacks to be impossible to sidestep away.
- Reloading the shotgun during the pumping animation will skip directly to the reloading sequence smoothly (only with BD's own reload button)
- Playing on higher levels of blood settings now increases the amount of blood decals.
- Kicking windows no longer kills the player.
- Improved the footstep system to make sounds be played closer to the player.
- I have opened a bug reporting forum on Moddb. Post any of your bug reports and suggestions there, and do not message them to me on social media, because I am not able to track them if you do.
- Several bugfixes I forgot to mention.
August 29 2018 Release Candidate 1 Emergency Quickfix:
- Fixed a code error that caused a bug with the latest version of Extermination Day making the keys not teleport in EDAY28.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Archvile's dead body after a fatality have a clone of the player ridding it.
- Fixed a bug that caused Pinky demons to desync online after attacking a player, and another bug that caused them to
unable to attack players after being taunted.
- The Flamethrower now leaves better leftover flames after burning stuff, they also cause damage for some time.
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomguy to wear it's boots on the wrong feet.
- Fixed a bug that caused first person executions to not count as kills in the endlevel score screen.
- New sprites for the Purist's chaingun, featuring the missing link belts.
- New feature: You can bind a quick pistol draw button which selects the pistol (if you have one) faster. Check control options.
August 25 2018 Release Candidate 1:
- Added stun animations for zombies and imps when hit with non-fatal attacks in the head.
- Several fatalities improved, many new frames added, some new gory sounds, reduced the camera shakeness, and improved the amount and location of blood splattering.
- Improved the headshot system to include more accurate damages for small firearms.
- Better dirt particles.
- Better effects for the Cyberdemon stomp attack.
- Reduced the number of particles spawned by water splashes (exploding the barrels on Doom 2's Map02 for example will cause less FPS drops)
- Fixed a bug causing Pinkies to act weird online. (hopefully)
- Added a better animation for the pinky's pounce attack . Now he stops for a moment before doing the attack, so you can prepare to avoid it.
- Now I am 100% sure there wont be pallete fuckups when playing this with Ancient Aliens or Back to Saturn X.
August 2018 Private Beta:
- Added first version of Brutal Doom's manual. Thanks to Black Metal Chainsaw for making a revision.
- New Weapon: Flamethrower. Rare replacement for BFG.
- Rebalanced Grenade Launcher, added more impact damage (can kill Pinkies in a single hit).
- New animations for the Machinegun's underbarrel grenade launcher. Reloads faster, can be reloaded with the Reload key.
- New blood particles.
- Added Hell Knight and Baron of Hell's crotch pain animation rotations. (thanks to Dox).
- Better shotgun reloading frames (thanks to Tootsybowl)
- Killing an imp with an axe or vertical axe cut will show a new animation.
- Changed Axe's damage from 50 to 90.
- An axe attack will deal 150 damage when the player has the Berserk (can chop a hell knight or mancubus head off with a single strike).
- Tweaked green and blue blood codes to behave more like the original blood (thanks to Cacodemon345)
- Added new lava fall textures.
- Improved optimization on wall decals generated by killing small enemies with the SSG.
- You can cancel the recoil/reloading of many weapons by switching to different ones. This can make gun combos such as firing a rocket, imediately switching and firing the SSG, then switching to a submachinegun.
- When cancelling the SSG reload, when you switch back to it, the raise state will start mid way through the animation of putting the shells into it, making
it much faster.
- Purist can now use the MG42.
- Revenant Missile Launcher greatly buffed.
- Fixed missing Romero head easter egg.
- Indexed all gibs into the sv_corpsequeue cvar. This means better performance for slaughtermaps as you can get rid of gibs easier.
- Added shootable Icon of Sin boss fights for TNT, Plutonia, Plutonia 2, Plutonia RCP, Epic 2, Whispers of Satan, Doom 2 Reloaded, and Alien Vendetta. Still needs some work.
- Indexed all Final Doom maps into the Map Enhancement System. Now all maps features better skies, and will play the correct music when playing with Doom Metal Volume 5 (also released on this date).
- Now all trees and plants can be burned with napalm or plasma.
- Killing a Pain Elemental with a fatality will leave a destroyable and pushable body that can work like an explosive barrel.
- New HUD sprites for the Tank. Now you can see the lower part better, so you can have a better idea of where the base is currently facing.
- Now the Radsuit powerup will protect you both from nukage, splashed lava, fire hazards, and flamethrower splash damage.
- Players can kick zombie heads by walking over them just like in Blood (only works on Singleplayer for performance measures)
- Destroyable bodies now works on multiplayer. Theoretically there should not be any increase in net traffic.
- Fixed lots of bugs related to weapons.
- Added muddy blood pools for both blue and green blood types when falling over liquids.
- Added a key binding (default O) to select the ammo drop function.
- Player's health and armor can no longer go past 300.
- Fixed a bug causing a dying imp to spawn infinite head hitboxes.
- Health and Armor bonus won't respawn in multiplayer to prevent players from abusing it and slowing down Survival games.
- Increased player's resistance to shrapnel damage, so the extra damage caused by barrels wont cause unintended deaths and prevent maps that heavily relies on barrels and voodoo dolls from breaking up.
- Fixed meatshields for all zombies (Still missing a few sprites/placeholders).
- Fixed a bug that didn't allowed the player to rocket jump.
- Added new weapon icons for dual wielding.
- Fixed missing evil marines on A.L.T. wad, and Mr. X on Scythe 2.
- Tanks entirely remade. They were rebalanced, now have 3D models, works both on first and third person mode, and in case the tank is destroyed, the player is always safely ejected Necrodome-style.
- Improved the way some enemies reacts to tanks, like the cyberdemon won't try to unneficiently stomp it, and imps and pinkies wont suicidally run under its threads.
- Zombie tanks code also remade. Now they behave like actual tanks and added weak points on their rears.
- Player can now roll left/right by holding the Shift button and pressing A or D.
- Rocket backblast now working properly.
- Improved railgun wall piercing code.
- New explosion particles.
- Fixed a bug related to MP40's ammo.
- Rebalance: The SSG can no longer instakill Barons with a single headshot. You need at least two perfect headshots to kill a Baron.
- Added a SMG zombie variation that has a small chance of replacing the Shotgun zombie. It deals the exact same DPS, and drops the SMG. This will make the SMG easier to find on most playthroughs.
- You can dual wield the Mp40s.
- Improved gore gut sprites and large blood pools.
- Added new rotting decorative gore sprites.
- Pinky Demons can be enraged by taunts. They will become twice as fast, and will infight with absolutely anything that hits them.
- Any pinky demon will get enraged if it is able to see the player from a very long distance. This change will be mostly noticed on Eday's city maps.
- Fixed the nazis on the wolfenstein level not giving the Purist player ammo drops.
- Changed MP40's sounds to something sharper that sounds more like the real gun.
- Fixed an unintended difficulty setting that made enemies respawn on Black Metal difficulty.
- Changed the purist's smg, now it has bigger rate of fire, spread, and updated sprite.
- Added a cvar to disable footstep sounds (bd_footstepsounds 1 to enable, 0 to disable, can be changed on options)
- Added a special menu for Credits.
- Many minor fixes.
- Doubled pistol and smg maximum ammo pool.
- Fixed a bug on the Evil Marine's death animations that often prevented the exit doors on EDAY06 from opening.
- Increased Machinegun's damage per bullet by 1.
- Reduced the Super Mastermind's health by half.
- Fixed a bug that didn't allowed the axe to be picked up on multiplayer.
- Fixed several weapon bugs.
- Re-introduced the Evil Marines. Now they can either have a rifle or plasmagun and have the ability to jump over obstacles.
- Archviles no longer kills captured marines, instead, turns them into Evil Marines.
- Fixed some bugs necessary for the latest version of Extermination Day beta to work.
December 16 Changelog:
- Archvile's attacks will now thrust the player upwards just like in Vanilla Doom.
- Increased the fire rate of the Shotgun and the Super Shotgun.
- Decreased minigun spread and wind up time, increased recoil.
- New fire sound for the minigun.
- Fixed a bug that caused infinite heads of a Hell Knight to explode, causing a lot of lag.
- Assault Shotgun's reload can be stopped to switch to another weapon.
- Removed a screen effect when taking damage from explosives that caused the game to desync online.
- Rifle magazines gives 30 ammo instead of 10.
- Fixed a bug that caused enemies to scream infinitely when killed outside the player's view.
- Increased damage caused by hook and uppercuts while on Berserk mode.
- Flying monsters (cacodemon, pain elemental, lost soul) now takes 3x bonus damage from shrapnel, making frags and the grenade launcher much more effective against them.
- Restored over the top death animation for zombies and imps when killing them with shotguns at point blank range.
- Now after the eye removal fatality on Cacodemons, the player is able to throw the cacodemon's eye (knocks down small enemies).