An early demo from Void Marauders for Windows 64bit systems. A single system to explore and 2 combat scenarios to get a general idea of the game.
- Major changes and new features (see article).
- Minor fixes.
- Improved performance during combat.
- Lots of bugs fixes and added some minor improvements after receiving testing feedback.
- Added new units, actions and weapons.
- Added new enemies.
- Added 1 extra scenario.
- Increased polish and a lot of bug fixing.
- Changed prototype to alpha demo.
- Added main menu and options panel.
- Added more locations of interest in star map.
- Added 3 combat scenarios.
- Added enemies, weapons, dialogue, etc.
- Fixed bug where enemies would get stuck if they run out of ammo.
- Fixed bug where combat encounter still shows up in star map after being fought.
- Fixed bug where next turn button would disappear after pressing Space to skip dialogue (Star Map).
- Changed icon and fixed internal audio warning.
Prototype version 0.1 for Windows 64bit systems:
- Basic star map with very limited points of interest.
- Single combat map with basic soldiers and enemies.
How to Play:
The game plays like a regular turn based game (like XCOM) so select and click where you want your ship or soldier to go. Actions for soldiers can be selected from a button bar, use Tab to cycle between soldiers or if you are preparing to shoot to cycle between targets.
- Small possibility of enemies getting stuck.
- Sometimes reloading after using a grenade can cause animation glitches.
Please share your feedback if you can, it really helps at this early stage of development.