Some weapons straight from VietDoom to Brutal Doom v21.
I have ported most of the completed weapons from SgtMarkIV's VietDoom to Brutal Doom v21, since it seems that no one else have done any similar yet.
This little pack contains the following guns:
- M-16A1 (M16)
- M-14 (M14)
- AK-47 (AK47)
- SKS (SKS)
- PPSh-41 (PPSH)
- MAT-49 (MAT49)
- M3A1 (M3A1)
- UZI (UZI)
- M1911 A1 (M1911)
- Scoped Mosin-Nagant (Mosin)
- M-21 (XM21)
- M60 (M60)
- Stoner LMG (Stoner)
- RPD (RPD)
- BAR (BAR) (added reloading feature)
- RPG (RPG)
- M79 (M79) (also with 00 buck shells)
- Ithaca (Ithaca) (also with incendiary shells)
- Flamethrower (Flamethrower3)
- Binocular for napalm and artillery strikes (Binocular)
The guns are behaving same as in VietDoom, so for example the bipods are also working on the MGs. However a few bugs might be present from the alpha because it's just a simple, straight port, therefore only minimal changes have been made.
The ammo is adjusted to Brutal Doom, so there are rifle and pistol bullets only, no different calibers like 5.56 and 7.62 mm. I have also added sprinting and unloading function for most of the guns.
Weapons can be spawned or summoned via console, but there is an optional spawner system (Vietdoom WSS.pk3) which spawns the available guns more or less randomly. With Ultimate Doom the sniper rifles and the Ithaca are not going to spawn anywhere because their spawner is tied to the SSG spawners.
I have also edited the zombiemen to drop ammo or M1911 only. Most of the original/vanilla Brutal Doom weapons are removed. It's gonna be a bit tough to start with your bare fists (plus a binocular) and beat some zombiemen to get their .45 with just a few rounds but it's really a fun challange!
Tactical mode is recommended to play the mod - with the latest Brutal Doom build.
All credits go to SgtMarkIV!
- Added spawning system
- Added RPG, Ithaca and Flamethrower
- Minor balancing regarding to damage output of some of the weapons and spawning
- Tweaking around the RPG
- Shotgun sergeants are now dropping Ithaca - but only with a low chance
- Rifleman zombies are dropping M-16 - with an even lower chance
- Modified the starting loadout for tactical mode, BD assault rifle is gone
- Meatshield system is now works with the M1911 - if you choose the replacer addon
- Added bashing melee attack for M-16 - instead of kicking
- Added the binocular to call in napalm and artillery strikes ("ammo" is available in backpacks, press "R" to change type)
- Disabled crosshair while using the scopes of the sniper rifles or the binocular
- Reduced the zoom factor of the XM21 and fixed a missing sound bug for reloading
- Buffed the Mosin-Nagant a bit
- New flamethrower pickup sprite
- Fixed two inherited bugs from VietDoom:
M1911 doesn't "drain" bullets anymore while trying to reload on 8 rounds
Fixed the semi-auto Mosin-Nagant bug
- Added and completed (with reloading) the BAR M1918
- Added hand grenade skin from VietDoom
- Fixed some floating sprites of the flamethrower
- Vanilla greande launcher has been replaced with a more authentic M79. Made from the original GL and China Lake sprites
- Huge amount of fixes and tweaks in the code (sprinting with MGs, reloading and bipod states, semi-auto modes, etc.)
- Quarantine makes me play and test my mods more, so this is an unexpected update with various minor fixes; primary for the Ithaca shotgun
Considered to be a final version - at least until VietDoom 0.2 release.