Improved resources for worldlife123's infomap generator tool. This includes vanilla looking combat area and flags. This tool is to generate vBF2 style info images for your customized levels.
Improved version of vBF2 style & BF2142 style info map generator V1.1 by worldlife(worldlife123)
ALERT: THIS TOOL MAY NOT WORK SINCE PYTHON 2 IS OUTDATED.
I HAVE RELEASED PYTHON 3 VERSION OF THIS ADDON.
YOU CAN GET IT HERE.
This is a simple tool to generate vBF2 style and BF2142 style info images for your customized levels. The source code is visible and you're free to use and modify it. I've also created a repository on github(Github.com), so feel free to report an issue/create a pull request if you find some bug/made some changes.
ALERT: YOU MUST HAVE INSTALLED ORIGINAL INFOMAP GENERATOR FOR THIS! THIS IS ONLY KIND OF PATCH FOR ORIGINAL INFOMAP GENERATOR! THIS IS ONLY UPDATED ON PYTHON 2.7.13 VERSION.
- Python 2.7.13 (https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2713/)
- Pillow (https://github.com/python-pillow/Pillow)
- Install [python 2.7.13] (https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2713/) first. After installing python, you can run install_pillow.bat to install pillow via pip. [This is outdated! you might see how to do from Dnamro's comment on original infomap addon page]
- Cut the "infomap" folder and paste it to where original infomap generator is located. (Should be in your mod's python folder)
- For your desert levels run generateInfomaps-Desert.py, for woodland or xpack themed maps use generateInfomaps-Woodland.py
- Use with python.exe, or use run.bat
It will list all maps in your mod. Type a map name to generate info map for it, or Type "all" to generate for all maps.
Requirement for levels:
- If you are lazy like me you can either unzip the level or extract: Heightdata.con, Init.con, GameModes folder and HUD folder from client.zip and server.zip
The info ,Hud and Gamemodes folder must be present, as well as Init.con and Heightdata.con.
- You can now use xpack styled combat area (woodland) or rather original combat area (desert) for your map.
- All flags are now vanilla looking (along with special forces flags)
- After generating it will no longer turn to .dds then .png (because when the original images are converted to png again they are deforming, therefore can't be used while publishing the map)
- Have AIX2 support as well
Tried to keep it closer to vanilla as much as i can but it still differs from it slighty but won't be noticed :)
- NVIDIA - for nvdxt.exe
- worldlife123 - original author of infomap creator
- fire&bf2tech;.org - for conParser.py
- Dnamro - for testing this tool
Here are some examples:
BF2 - Dalian_Plant 64 Gamemode Original:
BF2 Special Forces - Mass_Destruction 64 Gamemode Original: