A large overhaul of a number of traders in the zone. This includes the Beard, Barkeeper and Sidorovich trade changes plus many more!
The point of this extensive addon is to give a little character to the zone while also providing a few new
alternatives to make money as well as a few economy changes. The purpose is not to make the game easier but rather to make it more dynamic, to give you a reason of sorts to travel to the far reaches of the zone to look for that ever-present pursuit of profit.
This overhaul only includes loner traders, a few barmen, and a small change to the ecologist. However, these changes I think best represent a more dynamic and character driven zone.
As always, this is not the only version and suggestions are always
welcomed. If anyone using this overhaul runs into any problems then please tell me
in the comments. I’m all ears when it comes to changes or suggestions so long as it keeps the main vision in mind. I want this to be more of a community effort to improve what is already a fantastic mod and hopefully this helps the cause just so very little.
Update 1.04 (!!!Not Out Yet!!!) -Subject to change-
- Adjustments to all faction traders to be included!
- A few more special armors sold by traders that are brand new variants of old armors!
- The full and complete version of the hard files!
- Possibly Some Economy Tweaks!
- Further small adjustments as needed.
- Possibly adding stash adjustments and other economy changes outside of traders.
- Beard Now sells a number of artifacts!
- Made A Lore Friendly (Separate File) version of Nimble that does not sell Exoskeletons EXCEPT for the Basic and Clear Sky versions (As suggested by Incompetent).
- Changed up Owl's inventory some more making him similar, but different to the Bandit trader. He will now offer a mix of Bandit and Loner gear. (As Suggested By Incompetent).
- Added a number of items to the Flea market including an expensive Basic Toolkit!
- Adjusted The Merc Meeker some giving him a better supply of guns that he ACTUALLY sales. Will likely change this to his chat version in the future.
- Added A HARD (And VERY HARD ) version of all of the traders (This uses the normal version of the Files and does not change Barkeeper in this version) This will likely incorporate all of the factions and traders in the future but as of right now It just includes the Loner traders. Effects goodwill needed and stock supplied as well as the discount files.
- Note: This Is Currently In a beta form and Is still in development so not all traders have been include nor has it by any means been completed.
- Changed The helmets that the traders sale as to match their faction better. This will include other factions in the future.
- Only the Ecologist offer the SEVA helm now.
- Added Clear Sky trader to the list of traders adjusted as of thus far (his helms and guns adjusted to better meet the faction loadout).
- Added The Military Trader To The List of Traders Adjusted as of thus far (Adjusted the Helms and guns that he sells).
- Adjusted Loris further to make him sell fewer medical supplies.
- Adjusted the stats of Hawaiian's special armor he sells a little and increased its price.
- Adjusted The Files some so that If you want to use the NORMAL version of Barkeeper and Sidorovich you can (This was done to make the addon a little easier to work with and cause less confusion in the future).
- Added Cashier to the list of traders who have had their inventory adjusted. He will sell a number of high quality guns and outfits as well as silencers and other addons (which he sells all of).
- Added a new discount for Cashier.
- Fixed Sakharov so that he actually sells ammo to the guns he sells.
- Gave Sakharov a new gun the m60.
- Got rid of a few redundant weapons in the stock of a few traders.
- Removed rations and mre's from Owl's stock. Beard already sells them!
- Removed The Exoskeleton from Owl's stock. Nimble already has it!
- Slightly increased the price that Barkeeper will buy cooked mutant food.
- Significantly increased the price that Sprit will buy non-cooked mutant meat.
- Fixed the goodwill needed for Loris to open up his higher tiers of supplies (No longer do you need 2000 goodwill to open up these supplies).
- Fixed wording of some of the descriptions for the guide.
- Fixed A few issues where the Normal and alternative versions of the traders had slightly different stock (Does not include Sidorovich nor Barkeeper).
- Adjusted the gun selections of Sidorovich, Barkeeper, Loris, and Owl a little further to remove a few more repeats from each of them.
- Fixed a crash with Barkeeper once you met the 1000 reputation mark to open up his supplies list #5 (Only effects the Alternative version).
- Gave all ammo types to the main traders (Sid, Bar, Owl, Loris). This only applies to the alternative version of Barkeeper.
- Further adjusted Loris's and Sidorovich's stock (Such as removed explosive devices from Loris and gave them to Sidorovich).
- Restored grenades to Sidorovich and Owl (they were missing them before).
- Added a new suit of armor to Hawaiian's stock called Hawaiian's Sunrise Suit that cost 45000 (Will add more special armors in the future!)
- Made two small adjustments to the discount files.
- Added back the Gauss Rifle to Nimble.
The following is a list of all of the changes made to each of the traders.
- First and foremost, added a little description in all of the Characters guide profiles that give a little hint on what they might offer you. For those who might forget all of the little details.
- Added a number of new discounts to the presets_discount file for each of the different traders.
- Sidorovich (Normal): Sidorovich is a greedy old man but well equipped. He has had a number of basic stalker equipment removed from his inventory and given to Loris just up north. In the place of such his weapon list has been vastly increased as well as his list of armors. He buys at a ok price and sells at a slightly higher price than others.
- Sidorovich (Alternative): He is pretty much that same as the normal version except that he will no longer sell the Sunrise suits or its variants. This is best used with the alternative version of Barkeeper since Barkeeper’s alternative version will sale these suits instead.
- Barkeeper (Normal): Barkeeper has had a slight adjustment to his inventory giving him a few artifact containers (Not the lead container however) and a few pistols and other odd and end items to sell. Barkeeper will buy cooked mutant food for the best in the zone giving you a potential trader to make a good profit from mutant food.
- Barkeeper (Alternative): This version of Barkeeper restores him to a similar state as he was in Shadow ofChernobyl. He will sale a ton of guns and outfits as well as ammo and other items. His stock is largely different from Sidorovich selling more common gear but also now selling the Sunrise suits and variants that Sidorovich stopped selling. He still buys mutant food as his normal version.
- Beard: He still remains as a barkeeper but now he will buy artifacts at a similar rate to ecologist.
He will also sell a few cooking items and fuel plus a lead container or two and basic artifact
hunting items including bolts and detectors.
- Butcher: He has very little change as a whole except now he will sell all types of shotgun ammo
and will also buy mutant hides for a little more than before.
- Hawaiian: His inventory has not been changed any. However, he will buy drinks and cigarettes for the best in the zone.
- Owl: His inventory has been largely changed now providing a large new set of armors and losing a few redundant items that others at the barge already sell. He will also sell a few armors from factions that Loners are not on good terms with.
- Nimble: similar to how he is in base game Nimble will now sell exoskeletons from all factions.
- Loris: He has had most of his guns and outfits removed and replaced with the majority of the items that Sidorovich no longer sells such as basic survival gear and backpacks.
- Sprit: Small changes on what how much he buys food and other items for but nothing big.
- Sakharov: Nothing major but now he will sell a few guns when you get high enough reputation with the ecologist.
- Cardan: He has not been changed much except now he will sell basic parts for crafting in small amounts. He buys them for better as well but that's not saying much since there already dirt cheap as is.
As always if you have any questions or suggestions please leave them in the comments for the addon. I tend to answer fairly quickly most of the time!