A custom application which allows you to see a list of active servers and connect to them for Cry of Fear. About time, right?
Finally a working server browser, Thanks Pretador! :D
You're welcome! ^^
its good man but bad thing is i think at a certain time theres not many servers but other wise its amazing :) cant wait to join my 1st co op
Need a 32-bit version.
I forgot to ship the default VC libs with the app, I've reuploaded it. Please try it again.
Thanks for app, but it doesn't have XP compatibility.
You should try to get the latest .NET framework and C/C++ redist packages. And run it in compatibility mode for XP. Let me know if it works! :)
If it use functions from .NET 4.5 or newer it won't work, because .NET 4.5 and newer don't support WinXP.
Hmmm, the current version runs 4.5. I'll see if I can get in a net 4.0 version as well.
I've uploaded a new version, it has a .net 4 and .net 4.5 version. Check if the .net 4 works for you!
You're welcome! :)
A new version has been released fixing/changing/adding:
- You now connect to servers when double clicking items in the server list, before it would only copy the ip and port and you had to paste it in the console when the game was up.
- Now you can also connect to other servers while CoF is running by double clicking any available server, this will tell the running game to connect to it.
- You can now right click any item in the server list, this will pop up a context menu where you can choose to connect to the server or show info about the active players on the server. You can quick refresh this Player Info form by hitting F5.
Now there is no excuse for not playing online,thanks man!
Wow, I tried this, and it really is working! I will forever be thankfull for making our game playable. Send me a message, and I'll make you into a donator and mapper (you will be given in game TMP and MP5) for your efforts.
Thanks mate, sent you a pm!
i need help plss,my cry of fear menu is ******,i can't see any words in my options and servers,the labels r blank!
I can't see anything that I typed in the console too!
The download link has been updated to V184.108.40.206:
- Fixed a crash which would occur if you closed the program while searching for servers.
- Fixed an issue when you'd connect to a server when CoF wasn't running it had a 50-50 chance that you would not be connected to the server. (you had to click the server again when CoF was up)
- You can now see which servers are password protected. (displays a padlock icon)
- The server browser has a separate executable for Win XP users, move the CoFServerBrowser.exe from the 'winXP' folder and into the same folder as the .NET 4.5 CoFServerBrowser and overwrite it.
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.
Never mind I just ran as administrator and it's working like a charm but there is too much ping . How can I host a server ? I mean I have port forwarded and I have static ip
Go in-game and host a coop map through the main menu, if you haven't forwarded port 27015 then add +port <port number> in the settings.txt file which is located in the same folder as the server browser's .exe file.
There's more details in the readme file.
where do i put the file ?
Check the readme file.
Great work - this server browser will come in handy when it comes to cooperative multiplayer games.
I think, what need say about this browser on Steam, that would have known all playing the game.. Maybe, what this thought, is actually.. =\
Also, many thanks for your contribution! You made a very helpful and not small significant part for or of this game! =)
Hello guys I m help Unable to init Steam API!
You have to be logged on Steam.. (steam service must be running)
I want it for my mod, can u give me some code or something, so i could start code it by my self. :),example app or something. And I would like to make something with u guys if u have ideas :p.
The code is up on github here: Github.com
Can I post a steam guide and inform everyone on the guide hub for your great work? with credits ofc.
Sure thing, go ahead. ^^
hey how i create a server ?
check the readme file please.
It doesnt work on Windows XP!I install Framework 4.0 and ++C.And I MOVE THE CoFServerBrowser.exe INTO THE MAIN FOLDER AND OVERWRITE THE OTHER CoFServerBrowser.exe!Help me please!
Check the "Required OS version" in Execution options - it's WinNT 6.0 - That means it works only under Vista and higher.
Sorry author for false track with .NET. That's a problem of compiler OS targeting, so I don't know how to fix that.
Hi, how i make a server in this addon ?
I dont see where I am supposed to put the addon file :/
You can put it anywhere except for your CoF root directory in steamapps/common/cof/*.
my CoF tell anything about API how I fix it ?
Not working for me, readme does not tell me what Port Range to input in my router, and without it I can't forward the port, I did placed some random numbers just to get it added, but nothing shows up in the server browser when I start the server. I did everything already, or so I think.
Win10 64-bit, latest stuff, updates and all, did that, did this, nothing at the end.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
9 votes submitted.