Item Icons Redux is a reworked version of my earlier mod Item Icons Expanded, which was a reworked version of Project FNV Icons and Misc Item Icons. In addition to incorporating those two mods, it also adds unique icons for weapon and armor variants.
ITEM ICONS REDUX v2.3
for Fallout: New Vegas
by Gilboron et al
- Fallout New Vegas
- New Vegas Script Extender
- Johnny Guitar NVSE
- For Upscaled Icons module:
- Vanilla UI Plus (or another UI mod that supports icon scaling)
- Consistent Pip-Boy Icons (not technically required, but for consistency with my new icons)
Item Icons Redux is a reworked version of my earlier mod Item Icons Expanded, which was a reworked version of Project FNV Icons and Misc Item Icons.
Due to scripting issues, the mod has been split into two modules:
It changes icons for ingestibles, caravan cards, notes, armor, weapons, and various other miscellaneous items. All these changes are handled through a script in order to minimize conflicts.
Originally, the mod had to be split into two separate modules due to scripting issues, but as of 2.3 this has been fixed by using new scripting functions added by Johnny Guitar NVSE.
The main ESP makes the following changes:
- Almost all miscellaneous items that previously defaulted to the "item_junk.dds" icon now have a new icon, with the exception of Scrap Metal.
- Most of these icons come from T3T & DekoMan91's Misc Item Icons, with gaps filled in by BroNod's Project FNV Icons.
- Empty bottles use edited icons of their filled counterpart showing the cap removed, if appropriate.
- Cases use edited icons of their base ammunition, while Primers use custom new icons.
- Some other miscellaneous items have also had their icons altered:
- Ammo and Case Boxes now have actual boxes as their icons.
- Casino playing cards now show their back card art on their icons.
- Eggs from the same animal should now consistently use the same icon.
- Several ruined or destroyed items have an appropriately damaged icon.
- Single books have a single book icon, with the stacked books reserved for generic clutter books.
- Several ingestible items have had their icons altered:
- Junk Food now uses the generic boxed food icon to help differentiate it from Potato Crisps.
- Human Flesh now uses the dog meat icon, while Dog Meat uses the steak icon, which better reflects their in-game appearance.
- Ice Cold Nuka-Cola now has a unique icon, similar to the Rum, Victory, and Quartz variants.
- Bloatfly Meat and Grilled Mantis now use the same icon as their cooked and raw variants respectively.
- Nukalurk and Lakelurk Meat now use the correct Mirelurk Meat icon.
- Spore Plant Pods now use a seed pod icon instead of an ill-fitting Steak icon.
- All irradiated food and drink items now have a glowing icon, similar to irrated Banana Yucca and Barrel Cactus fruits in the base game.
- The NCR Emergency Radio now uses a walkie talkie icon from Honest Hearts, which better reflects its in-game appaearance.
- Several armor items have had their icons altered:
- Fiend and Marked Beast Helmets now have unique icons for each of their variants.
- Boomer, Gambler, Great Khan, Powder Gang, Pre-War, Prostitute, and Republican Outfits now have unique icons for their variants.
- The Followers Lab Coat, the Kings Outfit, and the Memphis Kid Outfit now each have unique icons.
- NCR Military Police Armor now has a unique icon like other NCR Trooper variants.
- Desert Ranger Combat Armor and its Helmet now have unique icons.
- T-51b Power Armor and its Helmet now have unique icons, courtesy of Captain-Ultima.
- Cowboy and Gambler Hats have reassigned icons to try and better match their in-game appearance, instead of all using the fedora icon.
- The NCR Beret now uses General Oliver's Cap's icon, while the Cap uses the Police Hat icon, better matching their in-game appearance.
- Child armors now have new child-specific icons! Probably a waste of effort since you'll never see them, but.
- Almost all weapon variants with a unique model now have their own unique icon to differentiate them from their base counterpart.
Things NOT covered by this mod, that you might expect from similar mods:
- The mod does not give unique icons to ammo variants, like Armor Piercing or Hollow Point rounds.
- Some armor variants, such as NCR Civilian outfits, do not have custom icons yet.
- The mod does not include icon changes already covered by the Yukichigai Unofficial Patch.
All the changes in the main ESP are handled through a script, so there should be no direct conflicts, though it does mean this mod might overwrite icon changes made by other mods.
Patches have been included for several mods that add new items, if said items needed an icon change to remain consistent with this mod. So far, this includes:
- JSawyer Ultimate Edition:
- New Irradiated foods now also use glowing icons.
- New Bloatfly Steak now uses the same icon as the base mod's Bloatfly Meat.
- Dummy crafting items now have more appropriate icons. I don't think you even see these in-game, but might as well...
- Ice Cold Sunset Sarsaparilla now has a unique icon, like Ice Cold Nuka-Cola.
- Mojave Arsenal:
- New Cases and Case Boxes now follow the base mod iconing convention.
Thanks to The 3rd Type for T3T Misc Item Icons.
Thanks to The 3rd Type and DekoMan91 for Misc Item Icons - New Vegas.
Thanks to bro_nod for Project FNVIcons.
Thanks to Captain-Ultima for New T-51b Icons New Vegas.
Thanks to Deleted1165825User (rip) for Complete Vault Girl Interface.
Thanks to ItsMeJesusHChrist for Consistent Pip-Boy Icons.
Thanks to lazyradly for Vanilla Outfit Tweaks.