HollywoodFX (HFX) is an addon for Anomaly v1.5.1 that improves the in-game impact effects and makes them more Hollywood-like. With this addon, dust, smoke, and debris, will now fly around, bounce off surfaces, and linger in the air, meant to increase the intensity during firefights within the game.
HollywoodFX v2.0 showcase:
*All particles showcased above are from the "HollywoodFX" option of the new HollywoodFX v2.0
HollywoodFX v2.0 video showcase:
This addon essentially improves the detail of many of the impact particle effects in-game. The addon was originally designed to improve "over-the-top" Hollywood-esque effects, but more "realistic" or "minimalist" options are included as well for those who want the particle detail, but not the over-excessiveness. Therefore, there are three particle options included in the addon: MinimalFX, RealisticFX, and HollywoodFX.
v2.0 Change Log:
- HFX v2.0 is now a standalone addon, you no longer need "Particles Remade" addon installed and it is no longer required.
- HFX v2.0 is compatible and tested with vanilla Anomaly v1.5.1
- HFX v2.0 is compatible and tested with vanilla Anomaly v1.5 [Beta 3.0] Update 4 Hotfix 8
- HFX v2.0 is compatible and tested with "Boomsticks & Sharpsticks" (version 1.5.1)
- Improved the visuals of the metal impact effects
- Improved the visuals of the asphalt, brick, concrete, stucco, and wood impact effects
- Fixed a few "odd" and unwanted particle effects in a few particle groups
- Fixed the transparency of some specific particle effects in a few particle groups
- File structure of addon was rearranged to make installation more straightforward
- Reduced the particle count of some impact effects while maintaining similar visuals
- The "frags" in lethal grenades were reduced by a factor of 2 to improve performance
- Note: "frag" count of grenade can be modified in their .ltx config files
- Ending comments from the author:
- If you find any problems or crashes and suspect HFX to be the cause please let me know in the comments section and provide:
- error/crash message or description of the problem if applicable
- screenshot/video (optional, this will help if it is a visual bug)
- your version of Anomaly, and any significant addons installed
There are three options of particles for this addon:
HollywoodFX (high) - The original particles for this addon and the way this addon was meant to be played, excessive debris and dust will fly and linger around, recommended for those who want that "over-the-top" Hollywood-like effects. Fair warning though, the lingering smoke after firefights may make spotting or targeting an enemy more difficult in enclosed spaces, this creates a different type of challenging element for game-play in firefights.
RealisticFX (med) - The reduced version of HollywoodFX option, less debri and dust will fly around but will still linger, recommended for those who want toned-down relatively realistic effects.
MinimalFX (low) - Same as RealisticFX option, the only change here is that smoke will no longer linger, recommended for those who prefer more improved, better-looking, "vanilla" like particles.
HFX v2.0 is now a standalone addon
There are no longer any requirements (such as "Particles Remade" addon), simply follow the installation instructions below and play!
HFX v2.0 is compatible with:
- Anomaly v1.5.1
- Anomaly v1.5.0 [BETA 3.0] U4H8
- "Boomsticks & Sharpsticks" addon (version 1.5.1)
This addon does not require a new game.
To install HollywoodFX manually:
- Extract the "gamedata" folder from the particle option you want (HollywoodFX, RealisticFX, or MinimalisticFX) to your Anomaly game folder and overwrite
To install HollywoodFX with JSGME:
- "Apply" or "Load" the particle option you want (HollywoodFX, RealisticFX, or MinimalisticFX) in JSGME
- MinimalFX - no performance impact
- RealisticFX - there should be relatively little to no impact on performance.
- HollywoodFX - maybe 1-5 frames lost at the peak of intense firefights with many grenades used
Commonly asked questions about HollywoodFX:
Q) Is HFX v2.0 compatible with the new Anomaly v1.5.1?
- Yes, HFX v2.0 is compatible and tested (~20+ hours of playtime) with vanilla Anomaly v1.5.1. There should be no compatibility issues. However, if you are playing Anomaly v.1.5.1 with HFX v2.0 and do somehow encounter bugs/crashes and suspect HFX v2.0 of being the source of the problem, please write me a comment down below detailing the crash/bug.
Q) Is HFX v2.0 compatible with "x-y-z" addon?
- HFX v2.0 is compatible with the following addon(s):
- Boomsticks & Sharpsticks (version 1.5.1)
- Any other addon that does not modify or replace the vanilla "particles.xr" file
Q) Is HFX v2.0 compatible with the RC beta-builds (16-23)?
- No, consider updating to Anomaly v.1.5.1, it is more polished.
Q) Is HFX v2.0 compatible with Anomaly v1.5 Beta 3.0 [U4H8]?
- Yes it is, but I would highly advise upgrading to Anomaly v1.5.1 as it is more polished.
This addon uses a few assets from the "PARTICLES REMADE" addon by AyyKyu; therefore, a big thanks and credit to him for providing a great addon and others:
- Ghost-2142 (Muzzle Flashes)
- AyyKyu (base addon)
Special thanks to Mich_Cartman and Chevyfreak
HollywoodFX addon was created by DeathOrchid
I want to thank those who provided feedback on how to make this addon even better. Your comments were appreciated, and hopefully I brought together an even better version of HollywoodFX for everyone to enjoy.
Thank you for downloading and enjoy!