An overhaul that adds balance changes, tweaks and fixes on top of a curated pack of already released/personally ported addons.
HOTFIX 1: Mega.nz
GOOGLE DRIVE MIRROR FOR MAIN DOWNLOAD: Drive.google.com
1. install a clean copy of CoTZ plus the 1.1 patch.
2. Drag and drop the database, gamedata and batch file from within the archive into your CoTZ main folder.
3. Install the hotfix linked above; drag the gamedata folder into your main CoTZ folder.
4. Make a shortcut to the batch file on your desktop. This bypasses the 32 bit memory limit and sets a high processor affinity. You'll launch the game from this shortcut. THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT
5. Delete your user.ltx and shader cache folder in COTZ folder/appdata if you have one. This allows the clear sky lighting settings to take effect. THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT
6. Start the game, adjust settings as needed, start a new game and enjoy! :D
As a base, the following addons are used/ported from other mods, all credits to their authors for their amazing work:
- Autumn Aurora HUD
- Arsenal Overhaul 3 plus THAP
- Less Good Weapons for AO3, Trader and loadout tweaks
- EatMedkit Scheme
- Item Use Hides Weapon COTZ
- Enemy Gun Jam
- Build Style flashlight
- Reworked Start Locations for CoC
- Simple Mask Hud for COTZ
- Death Animations
- Immersive Fast Travel
- LV's Sky Shader
- Absolute Nature Redux
- STALKER TWO K
- Nu, Pogodi! TV replacer
- Particles Remade
- HollywoodFX (less intense version)
- SWTC Call of The Zone
- Clear Sky atmosphere (lighting settings only)
- Ambient Music Pack
- ID's Misery Footsteps
- Knife and Bolt Holster Sounds
- TRX Sound Revamp
Changes and Balance Tweaks:
- Consumables, devices, repair kits are now more expensive.
- Global weapon drop condition is a bit lower.
- Traders have access to all weapons from their faction at the beginning, but spawn rates are halved so you won't have access to the entire armory at any given time.
- Repairs are more expensive and repair kits are less effective (more for field maintenance, can only be used from condition 65 percent and up)
- Stashes now less likely to contain high end detectors.
- Drop rates for consumables, meds and other supplies have been reduced slightly.
- Stalker loadouts have been rebalanced to be more reasonable. You might still find some random who looted a bunch of weapons, but this will be rarer and NPCS will use weapons that make sense. No more Gatling Guns in the Swamp, or a surplus of scopes to sell for profit.
- Dynamic Faction Relations now uses new rules, in order to accommodate the system as a part of COTZ while making more sense. Rules are as follows:
1. Duty will never cease fire against bandits or mercs, but shall remain friends with ecologists and neutral with loners. Their relations with other factions can fluctuate.
2. Ecologists relations can fluctuate but they will never turn on loners.
3. Army will always be friends with ecologists, will never cease fire against mercs, freedom or bandits, but can fluctuate with others.
4. Due to lore and history, bandits and stalkers will never stop fighting, but stalkers remain neutral to Freedom, Duty, and Ecologists. Clear Sky is able to fluctuate due to COTZ story reasons.
Outside of these rules, wars and alliances will form naturally. You can even use static faction relations with this - it will not break anything.
Good hunting, stalker.
AspirinSGD, Tris, Nuor, Paranoiia8, CrommCruac, Brainscorcher, LoNer1, v1ld, KorpseKing, Revo Lucas, melighos, FlyingDebris, Mechanic, Shoker, Antnigm, Rulix, Smurth, Nuor, Sanctuary, AttackZone974, Alundaio, Darryl, E.Nigma42, Gaz1k, Lancew, Tronex, Millenia, Mr.Rifleman, Nuor, Swartz, r_populik, XCuzziex, ijoyner, ICHICROW, TGP, DeathOrchid, AyyKyu, Ghost-2142, JMP-Jack, Jacob_MP, OliverMendes, Zorgl, TKGP, Cryo Chamber, Kammarheit, Klangsegler, Lustmord, Edward Artemiev, LVutner, strelocc, xintothefallx, Misery team, Autumnal Wanderers, ExDeMODER, VincentVega, Ekkaia and of course DoctorX (Special thank you doc for documenting your code and making it so easy to understand!)