Adds Glowsticks to Anomaly (Based on Dead Air Assets) Hold the "use" key to throw them :)
This is a collaboration made by Lucy (r3zy) & Blackgrowl.
As the name should imply, this adds glowsticks into Anomaly. Some of the assets are taken from Dead Air, so all credits to them in that regard.
It's more than just glowsticks though; many changes have been made to make the Glowsticks more versatile and interesting.
How? Well, first of all, there's more than just one variety.
They will appear as a "Device", you can use them on hand or drop them. Should be perfect to light up areas that don't have a campfire near, as well.
Check out "DETAILS" for more information.
Also take a gander at the "MODDING GUIDE" if there is something you want to modify yourself from this mod, like the Glowstick color or how to enable the shadows.
Recommended to use Mod Organizer 2 for the FOMOD installer.
Otherwise simply extract the "gamedata" to your main Anomaly folder or install with JSGME. And install optional files from the "addons" folder.
Remember to clear the shader cache (checkbox in the launcher or delete the anomaly/appdata/shaders_cache folder).
NOTE: You cannot safely uninstall this mod, since it adds new item sections that remain in the savefile.
- Cr3pis' Icons. Changes the gritty icons into high-quality model-shaded ones.
- Briggs' Glowstick mesh. Replacer for the Dead Air models.
- Enhanced Shaders (and Color Grading) patch. Fixes glowsticks and screens turning dark if you don't have a device/pda equipped. Overwrite the base files.
- Pack of New Devices patch. Makes the device meshes use the correct screen shader.
- GREEN. The default variant, it has a range of 12 and is good all around.
- ORANGE. While offering just a slightly weaker range, about 10 metres, it provides a much more "natural" light.
- RED. While offering the weakest illumination, it also has the best range, more than 24 metres. Perfect for the underground or very dark places with no natural light.
- CYAN. While having a small range of 6, it offers the best illumination. Best used in the Underground to get surprised, can even be used in daytime to find hard-to-see objects and the like.
- You can press and HOLD the Use key (default "F") to throw the glowstick. (Can be changed to the grenade launcher key in AMCM or by editing the script)
- Glowsticks have their own "lifetime", each variants also have their own lasting time.
- You can still use a glowstick while aiming a pistol.
- CAREFUL! Glowsticks on the ground can be destroyed, in which case you can't use them anymore.
- At new game start (If you have AMCM installed).
- From traders.
- May be found in some dead STALKERs.
- In stashes.
- If you have AMCM, you can make it so the flashlights flicker heavily when you're inside the Brain Scorcher or Miracle Machine while they are still active.
This makes Glowsticks a must, just for lore fun.
- Broken flashlight draw animation is fixed by this mod.
- Screens turning dark if you don't have a device/pda equipped is fixed by this mod.
* Animations are a bit "wonky". If any animator wishes to re-animate this, you can go right ahead, you have our full support already.
* Glowsticks only wear down when dropped on the ground or equipped in your hand.
Mods that replace detectors/devices can safely overwrite this mod's meshes.
Shader fix won't work though unless the new devices use the "models\selflight_det" shader for their display/light.
There's a patch for Pack of New Devices included, otherwise check out the "MODDING GUIDE".
There is none.
This is a mod taken from Dead Air, ported to Anomaly, only license that counts is the license Dead Air uses and especially GSCs.
(In short; do whatever you want, but don't go selling it anywhere or claiming it is your own creation)
The only thing requested is that you acknowledge (credit) the work Blackgrowl and Lucy did to port this into Anomaly.
Dead Air Team for the Glowstick.
Lucy for the script and stuff.
Blackgrowl for the asset help, including making new assets and art.
Thundervision for the Russian translation.
Cr3pis for the icons.
PYP for fixing smoothing issues on the glowstick mesh.
Briggs for the new optional glowstick model.
Arti for the trader autoinjeect script.
RavenAscendant for the monkey patch tutorial.