First official release. Animations only - no gore textures.
HOW TO INSTALL
- Download the file death_throes_v1.0.0.zip
- Enter your M2TW main folder. If you do not know where your main M2TW folder is then:
- If you play M2TW with Steam: go to your library; right-click on Total War: MEDIEVAL II - Definitive Edition (or Kingdoms, depending on which version you bought, makes no difference); on the drop-down menu click on "properties"; go to "local files" tab and click on "browse local files".
- If you are using CD/DVD: go to your desktop; right-click on your M2TW shortcut and on the drop-down menu click on "open file location".
- From your main M2TW folder enter the folder data/animations
- There you see a bunch of files: pack.dat, pack.idx, skeletons.dat and skeletons.idx. Create a folder named backup and put them in there.
- Open the zip. Inside you have 4 files with the same names as the aforementioned ones. Extract those files into the data/animations folder you just opened.
COMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER MODS
You can use the mod with official Americas, Britain, and Teutonic expansions. I didn't try the Crusades one, the flamethrower animation might cause you problems there and crush the game. The procedure is pretty much the same: just drop those 4 files into mods/americas/data/animations or mods/british_isles/data/animations or mods/teutonic/data/animations (again, make a backup of the original files first).
You can use this mod with other user-made mods (like Divide And Conquer and Stainless Steel) ONLY if said mods DO NOT use custom animations, because they would be overridden, possibly breaking those mods. If you have a particular mod in mind please let me know and I'll try to contact the authors so I can re-package their animations with mine specifically for their mod.