It allows compatibility with custom weapon mods, however many features will no longer work. Do not load a brutaldoom.pk3 with this, (otherwise it will override the changes this makes). At the moment it is strictly for GZDoom v1.6.1 onwards.
Many stuff from Brutal Doom is still here: location-specific damage, monsters crawling around without legs, you can explode heads, improved gore and blood like gibbing enemy to pieces (even big ones such barons and mancubus), etc. Also creative liberties have been taken with implementing
*Particle Fire Enhancer Mod from Z86
*PerKristian's SFX mod
But, due the compatibility issues for other mods, many things will be missing.
- You can't perform fatalities.
- You can't rip zombies with the chainsaw or chaingun
- Players have no custom deaths
- You can't push enemies away with melee attacks
- You can't grab barrels
- You can't have the Revenant rocket launcher, or the Mancubus flame cannon.
- No blood scretching through the screen when you shoot an enemy at point blank range.
- You can't melt enemies with Plasma (unless the plasma projectiles in the weapons mod has the damagetype of "Plasma")
- Big enemies are hard to gib.
- Exploding an enemy head too close may cause damage to you.
- No tied up Marines.
Alternate Version: Brutal Doom Vanilified - Its like Brutal Doom Lite except it contains smooth weapon animations, problem is some weapon mods glitch when used in conjunction with it.