Improves armor attachments and imposes a limit on them. Working camelbaks and working ballistic inserts.
Rework of armor attachments.
What this addon does:
Armor attachments are rebalanced and in general much stronger. However, you are limited to one per category.
More or less stolen from Dead Air, but refactored by me for efficiency.
Camelbaks and ballistic inserts actually work now.
Armor attachment rework:
You are limited to one outfit attachment of a given type. The types are:
- (improved) Kevlar insert
- (improved) Carbon steel plate
- (improved) Ceramic inserts
- (improved) UHMWPE inserts
Back frame (also incompatible with exos)
- (improved) titanium grid
- (improved) aluminum frame
Environmental Control Module
- (improved) Surge suppressor/regenerator
- (improved) Body cooler
- (improved) Freon Emission Module
To balance this, the attachments are made to be much more effective overall, so it is worthwhile to have one.
Specific changes to attachments:
- Improved attachments require artifacts to craft.
- Ballistic inserts work. More below.
- Camelbacks work. More below.
- Frame/grid carry capacity increased.
- Surge regenerator electricity res increased.
- Freon module less effective than body cooler but cheaper. Improved FEM adds stamina regen and weight carried.
- Improved body cooler reduces rads, removed stamina regen and weight carried.
Camelbaks now restore hydration to the user. No thirst patch required!
- Hydration ticks run on a separate clock from thirst ticks. Every ten in-game minutes, or on equip, actor will drink from the Camelbak.
- Camelbak provides no stamina boost by itself. However, when water is drank, it will provide a short-lived booster to stamina.
- You can right-click a Camelbak to drink from it.
- Improved Camelbak confers a native stamina boost (because it's nice and cold).
- Camelbaks will slowly drain capacity as they are drank from. If they are empty, no bonuses (or penalties) will be applied.
- Camelbaks can be refilled through drag-dropping Flask of Water or Mineral Water.
Ballistic inserts functionality:
- Ballistic armor inserts operate similar to real life now: they absorb impacts of incoming shots to the torso, reducing damage by +80%, but at the cost of their condition. Condition loss per hit depends on the type of insert and its rating. At 0%, the insert is destroyed.
- Armor inserts protect against a certain level of armor penetration based on their type and their condition. For example, a mid-size rifle round will easily defeat Kevlar, but will be fully blocked by a ceramic insert.
- Added 2 new armor insert types: Ceramic and Polyethylene. Each insert type has its own attributes.
- Steel is strong, cheap, durable, but heavy.
- Kevlar is cheap, durable, light, but weak.
- Ceramic is protective and fairly light, but won't last many hits.
- PE is well-rounded, but very expensive.
- Armor inserts are available from all technicians. Providing tools to a technician will unlock the better armor inserts.
- (NEW) Getting shot now makes sounds appropriate to the insert you are wearing.
V1.2.1 - RUS Translation from TDLemon
V1.2 - Major rework of camelbak. No longer requires any thirst patch compatibility and is completely independent. How it works now is, whenever you drink from the camelbak, it applies a short-lived booster that restores a lot of power to you. You can drink directly from the camelbak for a greater effect (right click). Because of this, there is no more conflict with any thirst-modifying addon. Sounds have been added to ballistic insert damage, thanks to the inimitable Patrick Sutton.
V18.104.22.168 - Fixed the exo unequip bug.
V1.1.5 - Simplified handling of removing armor attachments, maybe this might fix the unequip bug.
V1.1.4 - Fixed bug where attachments could be restored to full condition. Slightly nerfed Improved FEM.
V1.1.3 - Fixed armor insert icons on DX8/9
V1.1.2 - Fixed MCM options
V1.1.1 - Localized some strings. Added ability to toggle messages for camelbak drinking and ballistic insert damage (default true) through MCM. Made this readme less obscure.
V1.1 - Added working ballistic plates from Vintar.
Later I will make mutant pelts stronger as well and subject them to the same treatment.
Credits to Vintar for providing functioning ballistic inserts.