TSLRCM tries to fix to the best of our abilities the issues The Sith Lords had due to being rushed. Containing a host of restored content and fixes many bugs left inside TSL giving you the most polished and best possible chance to get the full experience.
Version 1.8.3 of the Sith Lords Restoration Content Mod, featuring many fixes, and some additional content. This mod should hopefully give you the full experience Obsidian intended to give the player when working on KOTOR2.
Thank you for downloading and installing TSLRCM 1.8.3.
This mod's intention is to restore much of the content cut from The Sith Lords, that was lost to the main game due to a rush to release the game. This rush also left the game with a plethora of bugs (some of which also blocked out content, so not everything restored was really "cut"; for example the quest 'Corrun Falt'), so this mod should seriously decrease the buginess that plagued TSL.
Overall, our goal is to make the KotOR 2: TSL experience as close as possible for us (as modders can do) as what Obsidian originally intended it to be...
Be sure to check our website (or ModDB page) for potential upgrades, patches and compatible mods for TSLRCM. Our site will always have the most recent version of TSLRCM, something we cannot, sadly enough, promise from other sources.
Also, if you have issues, questions, or feedback, please post it on the official forums, as otherwise it will be read much later, or not at all. After all, we can't monitor the entire internet.
* There are only full installs of both TSLRCM 1.8.3 and M4-78EP (patched).
* Re-install The Sith Lords, taking care to remove all traces of old installs (removing override, modules folder etc.). You can keep your saves if they're made with 1.8.2 though.
* Install TSLRCM 1.8.3 following the instructions from the readme (seen down below as well).
* Install M4-78EP (patched) if so desired.
* Install any compatible mods at this stage.
* Happy gaming!
Also note that it seems one of the mirrors here seems to have issues with spaces or the .'s in the filename. If your download has a strange extension (like ) just rename it to .exe to make it working. Alternatively; use a different mirror (like our deadlystream site). Not quite sure why this happens sometimes, but so you know what's going on...
1. If you're using an older version of TSLRCM (1.8 or lower), a game re-install is required before applying 1.8.3.
(Steam users, skip to point 4)
2. After re-installing it's advised to apply the official patch (1.0b). Non-US versions require you to install 1.0a first, then 1.0b, US versions can install 1.0b right away. Make sure to apply the patch that fits your version. Also, after installing 1.8.3, the official patch can no longer be installed!
3. If desired, apply the high quality music and/or movie patches
4. Install 1.8.3
CHECK YOUR INSTALLATION DIRECTORY.
DO NOT INSTALL INTO THE OVERRIDE FOLDER OR YOUR GAME WILL CRASH!
We've had several users on Vista mention that instead of Program files (x86) it would point to Program Files/Program Files, causing the installation to fail. Make sure the installer points to the proper location of your KOTOR2 installation.
Default (32-bit windows); C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\
Default (64-bit windows); C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\
Steam default (32-bit windows); C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\
Steam default (64-bit windows); C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\
NOTE FOR STEAM-USERS; Right-click the game, go to properties, then upgrades and set it to "Do not automatically update this game"! Failure to do so might cause Steam to undo our fixes!
5. To check if the installation has succeeded, try launching KOTOR2:TSL. If at the main menu it says "Restored Content Modification 1.8.3" on the screen the installation has been successful.
PLEASE CHECK OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE OR MODDB FOR ANY POTENTIAL UPDATES
6. While we try our best to make this mod as bug-free as possible, with the many options of KOTOR2 and our small testing team bugs, critical ones, sometimes make it through. We will fix them, so check our site for any potential updates and patches. We would rather not have people play unpatched and then experience issues like the black screen (1.7) or red eclipse (1.6)!
7. Install any TSLRCM-compatible mods you desire now. If you're unsure if a mod you want is compatible, check our list at our forums, or section 6 - Mod compatibility in this readme.
ULTIMATE SABER MOD (USM) IS NOT TSLRCM-COMPATIBLE. MOST REPORTED ISSUES ABOUT TSLRCM ARE FROM USERS STILL USING IT. DON'T!
* Saves from version 1.7 "should" work after installing version 1.8.3 but It is still suggested to start new game. Saves from 1.8 and above can savely be used, although some fixes may not take effect.
A fresh new game is always the best option for the least amount of issues.