Global mod for STALKER SHoC, intended to recreate a highly atmospheric Zone with highest possible quality, stability of the game, rich gameplay and loyalty to the canons of the Sci-Fi genre. The upcoming 0.6.9.3 version will be first available in english translation. Current version is 0.6.9.2 R2 - you can get it in the downloads section.
This is full OGSE 0.6.9.2 R2 official english release - fixed installation package. Sorry for inconvenience with previous package.
This is our first release for English version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SHoC, so there can be possible problems and crashes, related to the localization. Please report if any found, and try to be patient - we'll surely fix them all and then I re-upload installation with all corrections included.
It was a long process, requiring much time and effort, and I hope you enjoy the result. When translating we tried to make the text as lively and literary as possible, and to translate all the humor and idioms. The main work on translation was done by Filon - our full-time translator and editor, restyling and proofreading of texts, as well as testing of the final version was done by SimplyYuri - one of our mod's testers, working in our team almost from its very beginning.
The installation package is entirely in English, as well as all the documentation. The mod is packaged in an world-wide game version format archives. This is done in order to provide the best performance - the game engine is optimized for work with it's own game archives, and the packed version runs 10-15% faster than uncompressed, plus this eliminates little freezes due to the caching of extracted game resources from the file system. Accordingly, since this version of the mod is packaged, the "tall grass" and "widescreen scopes" options in configurator working as it should. Please note only that test all conversations in the game is impossible for us due to lack of time, so if you found a repeatable crash to the desktop in some of the dialogues in game - be sure to tell us about it, to fix that as soon as possible.
In addition to complete installation package, I've uploaded another package with the unpacked files needed to make translations into other languages - if you want to make a German or French version, you can download it. When your translation will be ready, I'll post it to our downloads section.
Please note only that test all conversations in the game is impossible for us due to lack of time, so if you found a repeatable crash to the desktop in some of the dialogues in game - be sure to tell us about it, to fix that as soon as possible.
First of all please be noticed what mod wouldn't run on some Steam versions. We're working on to determine a source of this problem and solution are soon be found.
This mod version requires 1.0005 game version to run. It's installation on version 1.0006 will render game inoperable, on patches lower than 1.0005 - can cause work of game highly unstable. If you have a 1.0006 game release and don't knows how to roll it's patch back to 1.0005 - follow this guide:
1) Download a FULL package of 5th patch for your game version from the official site or other resource. The file named stk-*your_game_version_description*-patch-any-5.exe - it's size around 40 MB.
2) Start Regedit by pressing Win+R, typing "regedit" word without quotes, navigate in registry to the path:
in Windows XP: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \GSC Game World \STALKER-SHOC
in Windows 7 x64 registry keys of 32-bit software have moved from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Wow6432Node - which often confusing players, so search path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE \Wow6432Node \GSC Game World\ STALKER-SHOC
there you find the option named "InstallVers". Its value is must be 1.0006 - change it to the 1.0004
3) If you have a Steam game release, check also parameter "InstallSource" - it's value must be "stk-for-pack-noprot-efis". If not - change it to this value.
4) Now run the downloaded 5th patch - it will normally patch game to version 5. If you using Steam version of game you need a patch for US release.
5) Now you have proper game version and can start mod installation.
Please users, who install the mod, but have crashes on game start or on loading screen - show me the main game log. You can find it by path - C:\Users\Public\Documents\STALKER-SHOC\logs if running Windows 7 or Vista or C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Documents\STALKER-SHOC\logs. It's last strings basically contain a crash reason. Please sent me this info or better a full log file, so I can determine the reason of crash and help you.
Players, who installed mod with install option "for Argus Textures", make sure you installed Argus Textures after mod installation, and placed textures into the right folder. Mod package itself doesn't includes Argus Textures, it's must be installed manually, install option only creates compatible configuration for texture packs. So to install properly, follow this guide:
Installing Argus' Photorealistic Textures Into the Mod:
(1) Use OGSE's auto-installer to install the mod.
(2) Decompress Argus' two texture packs.
(3) For both texture packs, DELETE both of the "textures.ltx" documents, as the OGSE modding team has ALREADY created a merged version that is designed to work with the mod. Accidentally overwriting OGSE's textures.ltx with either of Argus' versions will create a crash to desktop scenario.
(4) Place all of the textures into the "texture" directory that the OGSE installer created for you. Argus' amazing textures are now good to go, and will appear in the game, working fine with the mod! Happy hunting, stalker!
If you installed Argus textures improperly, you'll get following crash log:
Also, first installation package contains some errors, so if you installed it, you'll get following crash log:
In this case just download latest installation package and reinstall.
And some gaming tips:
1) If you cannot interact with wounded stalkers, just hide your gun! Wounded stalkers can't interact with you while you are openly pointing your gun's barrel at them. They thought you're going to finish them, and screams "Pojalusta ne strelyaite", what means "Please don't shoot".
2) If you get repeatable crash in Lab X18 when you try to loot the first dead scientist for the door code - reload game from autosave. This is a game spawn issue, it can't unfortunately fixed in 0692, but reloading game from autosave will surely help to avoid this.
3) Sometimes game crashes then you try to loot a Ghost's corpse at brainlab over Yantar. This crash are basically not repeatable, but don't forget to save your progress before you loot him.
4) If you don't know how to drive the car - check your controls - there are bindings for turning car's engine on/off, but it's unbind by default. Assign a key and you'll be able to run APC or any other car in game. You can fire it's turret gun by using context-sensitive key (default Tab).