After a week spent at the GDC in San Francisco, here are our conclusions:
- About 98% of visitors had never heard of Miner Wars before. This is great news for us, since we have already sold around 15,000 game copies and the market has barely been tapped. The potential here is huge!
- Everyone loves the idea of Descent + Elite/Freespace + Red Faction combined with a fully destructible environment!
- It seems Miner Wars is the only game in the world with a fully destructible environment; no other comparable game utilizes this feature to such an extent!
- Our team in San Francisco made some nice industry-wide contacts, which will likely result in more interest in Miner Wars in the media and among retail publishers!
Following on the heels of the Test Build (customers-only) released within the last week, we are proud to announce that today we have successfully released a brand new Public Build - a new playable demo for everyone to try!
Important new features (compared to last Public Build of January 10th):
- Brand new inventory screen and inventory icons (weapons, ores... everything!)
- Major performance optimizations
- Rear-view camera (for looking behind your ship)
- New textures and prefabs for seven factions in the game (currently accessible from Editor God Mode)
- Harvester device, drill, and weapons now drain energy from your batteries
- HUD notifications for damage, incoming enemy, solar flare, low fuel
- Prefab and missile explosions now damage all objects nearby (area damage)
- A Solar System Map allows for easier long-distance travel
- Many new models and prefabs
- Playable prototype of first three missions!
- Enhanced visual effects with better particles and lighting
Interested? Feel free to download the latest Public Build: Minerwars.com
Can't wait to get your hands on the game? Miner Wars 2081 is still available for 50% discount. Buy now and get access to all currently implemented features, plus all future updates for 19.99 USD only!
Your Miner Wars Team