Miner Wars 2081 is a 6DOF action-survival space-shooter simulation-game set in the year 2081, 10 years after the destruction of all planetary objects in the Solar System. The gameplay is driven by an epic story and offers a choice of single player, co-op, and death-match multi-player. The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing, or just flying around and destroying everything you see. Miner Wars runs on the VRAGE engine, built and tailored specifically for the title.
Posted by MinerWars on Jan 3rd, 2012
We would like to introduce you to the 4th phase of the MW Frontline Developer Program!
You can make artworks and concept art for all various things such as space stations, ships (ranging from small fighters and mining machines up to large cruisers and motherships), asteroid bases, portraits of people and faction-related stuff (logos, symbols, flags).
You can also get an inspiration from our already existing artworks by our artists and community contributors at Minerwars.com
Concept Art / Artwork Competition
Deadline for the competition submissions is the 1st of April. Send us your artworks and win cool prizes!
- 1st Place: 100 USD Reward + Full Miner Wars 2081 game + 3000 QP
- 2nd Place: 75 USD Reward + Full Miner Wars 2081 game + 2000 QP
- 3rd Place: 50 USD Reward + Full Miner Wars 2081 game + 1500 QP
The best artworks will also be considered for print, distributed in the box retail version together with Miner Wars 2081 (as an addition to game manual, etc.).
- The artwork must strictly adhere to the Miner Wars universe described in MW Encyclopedia.
- The general mood and atmosphere of the artwork should resemble the setting of Miner Wars 2081. See pictures on our website and in MW Encyclopedia to get a glimpse of the atmosphere and setting.
- The artwork may be a hand drawing, painting, post-processed render or anything else.
- The artwork has to be submitted in JPG, PNG or PSD format.
- The artwork has to be your original work.
You can submit your artworks to our forum Contributing - Art (Minerwars.com)
Qualification Points and MW Frontline Developer Program
The most creative and resourceful players can become part of our team and participate in Miner Wars development and promotion. Keep in mind that responsibility comes together with the possibilities and benefits. If you decide to take part in Miner Wars development, the future of Miner Wars is also in your hands! For a list of benefits and special rewards for MW Frontline Developers, see Minerwars.com
Phases of Miner Wars Frontline Developer program:
- 13th December 2011 - Phase 1: Affiliate links and lifetime profit sharing
- 20th December 2011 - Phase 2: 3D model submissions + Competition
- 27th December 2011 - Phase 3: MW Encyclopedia + Story Submissions + Competition
- 3rd January 2012 - Phase 4: Concept Art Submission + Competition
- More phases to be announced...