(pronounced "zero ey-dee") is a free, cross-platform real-time strategy (RTS) game of ancient warfare. It's a historically-based war/economy game that allows players to relive or rewrite the history of ancient civilizations, each depicted at their peak of economic growth and military prowess.
The Rise of the East
is a modification for 0 A.D. that strives to bring China as a civilization into the game, meticulously researched to be as historically accurate as possible. In addition to the civilization, we plan to implement a full campaign featuring recreations of famous historical moments, new random maps and other additions to diversify the gameplay experience!
- Experience and demonstrated success with mesh creation, preferably in either Blender or 3DS Max, though anything but Gmax is acceptable. (This is the big one)
- You need to have downloaded 0 A.D. It's awesome, 100% free and it works on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- Bonus points for knowing a thing or two about UV Mapping
- Familiarity with low-poly modeling is recommended, but not a deal-breaker. The adjustment from FPS isn't necessarily a difficult one.
- Familiarity with 3D animation, Photoshop or XML are a huge plus! But don't hesitate to contact us if you don't know anything about them.
- Strong English communication skills and appreciation for game art are definitely required.
- A passion or desire to learn about ancient China will suit you well for this particular project.
- No fear of diving into unknown depths of game design and (intelligently) breaking a few rules in the process.
- No fear of tackling ambitious projects and working with a tightly-knit group of artists, just like you.
- No fear of being deeply involved in every step of a project.
- You are passionate and curious about creating immersive game environments, as well as meeting new standards with confidence, and you're thrilled by the idea of making brain, balls and heart bigger and bigger and bigger...
Public exaltation within the community of one of the most popular freeware games to date, as well as the ability to redistribute whatever you create for us freely under our CC-BY-SA license
. In addition, you'll get loads of experience working with like-minded game enthusiasts to boost your CV/resume, expand your portfolio and land that job you've earned in the industry.
YOUR START DATE
As soon as you make first contact. Operators are standing by.
Tell us about yourself here: Community.sciondevelopment.com
We look forward to hearing from you!