Artists located Anywhere.
Unreal Engine 4
I'm proud to announce that the NDA has finally been loosened by Epic Games, we have unreal engine 4. Having said that, Network is currently in the process of being ported and developed in unreal engine 4. We've had the engine for quite some time now and have made significant progress in-engine which will be shown off in images/videos over the coming weeks. Having said all of the above, successful applicants will have the chance to work on our team within Unreal Engine 4.
What is Network?
Network is an up-coming free-to-play First Person Shooter game set in its own unique sci-fi world. The game focuses on tight combat, a dense atmosphere, and high quality visuals. The game is multiplayer only, meaning maximum quality of the game in that regard bringing you pure multiplayer brilliance. Network has its own class and ranking system, filled with persistent options to enhance your character with new gear, items, and personalization options alongside a wide variety of new innovative undisclosed features. Whether playing as the nimble Scout class or the beefy Tank class, Network strives to deliver game play and interactivity on a level that most free-to-play FPS games can’t match.
Who is Virtus Studios?
Virtus Studios has been in the video game industry for a quite a while now, I personally began my journey through game development through producing a few different in-depth series of video tutorials on how to mainly use unreal development kit and various other different game development related software packages and was somewhat successful. Over the past year, we have been taking it one step further and begun development of our first up-coming title "Network". Since founding Virtus Studios in early 2012 we have grown to become a large team of 15+ members all with a strong background in game development that are dedicated to the task and striving to create the highest quality content possible for Network. Although we have a somewhat large team, we are always looking new members with the same passion and motivation to bring our concept to life.
Virtus Studios is gearing up production for a futuristic First Person Online Multiplayer Game, with an expected release in 2014. Our goal is to deliver a detailed and polished multiplayer experience that will keep people coming back for more which is stylized and unique whilst still creating something that is high quality whilst being sustainable financially. Currently, we are making progress in the 3d, concept and design departments however we are still looking for additional animators and 3d environmental artists as a priority, We still do have a few open positions as listed below. That said, we are looking for anyone who is really good at what they do and have the same goals and ambitions to work alongside us on bringing our concept to reality, if you are interested, send us an email at email@example.com
What can we offer you?
Virtus Studios are looking for dedicated members who strive to create the best possible content however it is royalty based position as of now (Which may change later on once we go commercial), We are able to offer a fast paced professional team which allows applicants to learn and gain experience whilst working in a large and well managed professional team environment through our workflow which is easy to pick up and execute whilst adding to your CV/Portfolio for a career in the gaming industry and all we ask is that you do a few things in return which are mutually beneficial.
- Stay dedicated to the task and commit atleast 5 hours a week.
- Strive to create the best possible content at all times.
- Set an example in the industry by acting in a professional and experienced manner.
- Sign a one off NDA/RSA contract.
What have we accomplised thus far?
- Written detailed GDD
We have a 75+ page detailed GDD (Which still has content being added to it) to guide us through development and bring our concept to life the way we vision it.
- Plenty of high quality concept art
We have 50+ pieces of high quality conceptual art with more being added weekly to help guide us into making visually stunning environments and assets whilst maintaining a consistent workflow.
- Established code base
We have a well established unrealscript code base set up around the game with the majority of the systems required for the game to function alongside many of the gameplay mechanics.
- Proper management
We have a sophisticated management system utilizing task management software and a hierarchy based team structure allowing us to be self-sufficient and get all tasks/assignments done with the required workflow fast and efficiently.
- Large asset bank
We have a relatively large asset bank consisting of 500+ models and some of which usually take modularity into account allowing us to quickly and efficiently put environments together .
- Large and consistent team
We have a team of 15+ experienced members who are all active and dedicated to the task and strive to make the best content possible.
Total = 18/24
Game Designer 1/1 No vacancies
Level Designers - 1/1 No vacancies
3D Environmental Artists - 3/5
Concept Artists - 4/5
Composers/SFX - 1/1 No Vacancies
Programmers - 4/4 No Vacancies
Particles/Cascade - 1/1 | No Vacancies
Character modellers - 2/3
Animators - 0/1
UI Artist - 1/1 | No vacancies
Web Designer/Developer - 0/1
What are we looking for?
3D Environmental Artist | PRIORITY
3D Animator | PRIORITY
- Experience with hard surface work (preferably metallic/inorganic)
- Ability to create diffuse, spec, normal, alpha and emmisive texture maps alongside a good knowledge of UDK's material editor.
- Ability to create both high and low poly models based on pre-made concept art designed specifically for Network.
- Ability to break scenes down into different sections whether they are individual props or modular pieces and then proceed to modelling said assets.
- Strong eye for detail in environments
Level Designer | OPEN VACANCIES
- Strong background in animation with an existing portfolio with character, weapon and environment animations.
- Experience with unreal engine 3 and the ability to import animations and set up animation trees.
- Technical understanding of animations and their impact/use in game development.
- Strong skills with Maya or 3DS MAX and motionbuilder.
Cascade/Special FX Artist | CURRENTLY NO VACANCIES
- Must have the ability to create detailed, clear level design plans around given requirements.
- Must have the ability to show a good understanding of multiplayer level flow alongside being able to demonstrate it.
- The applicant must have clear, concise communication skills in both written and verbal forms.
- Plausible knowledge of UDK's editor and all of it's tools.
- Must be confident with the material editor.
- Understanding of the 3D art pipeline with emphasis on the asset importation process inside of UDK.
- Ability to take critiques and then make changes to their level/plan based on the feedback given.
- Ability to easily communicate and work with other team members whilst working on levels such as environmental artists, concept artists etc...
Unrealscript Programmer | CURRENTLY NO VACANCIES
- Must be able to create realistic particle systems and visual effects such as explosions, muzzle flashes, impact effects, steam and any other required particle systems.
- Be able to show a variety of previous work with UDK and cascade as part of the applicant's portfolio.
Character Modeller | OPEN VACANCIES
- Good Knowledge of UDK and Unreal Script
- Must have a good understanding of the Unreal Script hierarchy system.
- Must have a good understanding of blueprints and the general C++ to UE4 editor work flow.
- Good knowledge in one of the other OOP languages such as /C#/Java.
- Good understanding of replication and the ability to implement it into work inside of UDK.
Concept Artist | OPEN VACANCIES
- Must be able to easily create both low poly and high poly character models.
- Ability to work from concept art and reference images whilst keeping a keen eye for detail.
- Rigging and animation skill is a plus but not required
- Ability to optimize texture quality and character models around the needs of the team and performance.
Web Designer/Developer | OPEN VACANCIES
- Must be able to work with a given art style and easily capture the atmosphere.
- Ability to create unique and high quality concept art.
- Easily work within a team, their workflow and making changes based on feedback.
- Ability to create character, environment and prop concepts.
- Ability to create unique websites for Network and Virtus Studios.
- The ability to create websites from scratch including planning, graphics and development/functionality.
- Strong understanding and past experience with SQL databaes for linking game databases to websites for public viewing.
Website and contact
I've listed links to where you can find out more about us below, Our website is currently in construction but you still have access to our place holder in the mean time. If your looking to join the team either fill in the application form on our website here
, alternatively you can email your portfolio alongside any relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Network is deep into the development stages and have the appropriate documentation such as a comprehensive 75 page GDD to guide us through the development stages, have a plethora of high quality concept art, completed in-game levels, working prototype and are progressing at a steady pace, that said we are all working hard and strive to create the best content ready to be shown off to in the game. I will be uploading in-game screenshots, videos, concept art and other game related media to our website and official social network pages, make sure you stay tuned for more...
Fill in the application form on our website at Virtusstudios.net/recruitment.php or send us your portfolio to email@example.com