This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Location: Anywhere - Looking for: Artists
Posted by Alliedgames.co on Nov 30th, 2012
Allied games is looking for a lead writer to help plan out our fantasy RTS game. We have a small cast of characters but require a lot of work putting them into motion. You will have a lot of creative control over the story including character profiles and personalities, plot points, world overview etc.
What would you do?
- Review our target audience
- Find out what our competitors are doing
- Plan methods of communication (eg: dialogue, menus etc.)
- Create world overview
- Create profiles for all troop types
- Expand on culture/relationships between groups
- Brainstorm story ideas
- Create 3-5 major story arcs (1-2 paragraph each, with
bullets about potential plot points)
- Expand on major story arc
- Break major story arc into minor arcs for all levels
- Create step by step tutorials for opening levels of the game
with screenshots, etc.
- Create a detailed script for each level
- As scripts are implemented, test to ensure consistency &
- Final proofing, review for errors & report
That's the overall process that we are looking for.
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of "Writer Application" (no quotes). Any other subject will get sent to junk and likely ignored sorry. Attach an example of your work and a resume if you have one handy.
We focus a lot on communication so prompt replies and listening to instruction are a big plus.