Artists located Anywhere.
Blindside Interactive, the team behind the upcoming Maneater game, a gritty singleplayer action game set in the depths of the Gulf Coast needs a full time character artist, ideally a specialist with a background in creature art.
You'll need to have:
- Extensive 3D character art experience.
- Understanding of creature art (sharks, fish, crocs… not just humans).
- Ability to self-manage, and hit the ground running.
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience rigging and animating is great, but not essential.
- Familiarity creating art for Unreal Engine 4 games.
- An enthusiasm for dark, heart-pounding games that value quality above all else.
What you will be working on:
- We are an battle hardened team, founded by Alex Quick (creator of Killing Floor mod, and Depth Game), both critically acclaimed and loved by a passionate playerbase.
- Maneater is our first foray into single-player, with an early access release targeted for the end of 2017.
- Our goal is to push the feeling of playing as a shark to new heights, that will challenge and engage the player from start to finish.
- As a character artist your work will be front and center. Creating captivating and believable underwater immersion through brilliant art is key.
- Our team works remotely, from Canada, USA, Australia and NZ.
- We chat daily on Slack, and meet once or twice a week on Google Hangouts.
- We are flexible when it comes to hours worked, full time, part time, contracting - happy to discuss your circumstances, but full time strongly preferred.
- We need someone who can start immediately, and can dedicate themselves to Maneater Game for the next 1 ~ 6 months.
- We share our victories with the team and promote and reward great work and believe we are making something amazing.
- We are a small company but with huge reach. Your work will be played and loved by millions of gamers.
- This is a paid work for hire position. The monthly rate is negotiable.
About the game
Maneater is a Single-Player Action RPG, set in the unforgiving waters of the Gulf Coast. Fight to survive in the open ocean, with danger lurking at every depth. Your only tools are your wits, your jaws, and an uncanny ability to evolve as you feed. Anything and everything is on the menu... kill or be killed.
Think you've got what it takes? Introduce yourself via firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us your strengths, the games and mods you've worked on, and show us your portfolio.