A Minecraft fan group! To buy the game visit there offical site at Minecraft.net
The Aether mod has been updated! - With a spirit of christmas
Posted by Martanz on Dec 27th, 2011
Aether Collaboration mod Version 1.03 by Kingbdogz, Shockah, Kodaichi, Flan, _303, and Saspiron
Aether Collaboration mod Version 1.03 by Kingbdogz, Shockah, Kodaichi, Flan, _303, and Saspironhas finally been released!
Yes, the Aether collaboration mod has finally returned, and just in time for some great holiday spirit. The Aether Collaboration mod adds a whole new dimension called the "Aether" with various dungeons to explore, bosses to defeat, and rewards to reap!
I know that many of you may have lost interest in the project because of the code freeze after 1.7.3, but considering how many updates and pre-releases that were getting pushed out by Notch and Jeb at the time, you cannot blame us for being so hesitant. Regardless, let's put the past behind us, and look to the future of the Aether's development! Finally, after months of wait, the mod is available to play in the latest version of Minecraft (Version 1.0) and has included some great new features.
We as the dev team would like to thank you all for you patience with this update. Think of it as our christmas gift from us to you I hope you all enjoy, we worked hard to get this done in time.
- Ambrosium no longer heals nor replenishes hunger.
- The Enchanter has been renamed to the Altar. In the future, it will get a complete redesign which will hopefully differentiate it from other work stations.
- Flying Pigs now only drop Raw Pork, and no longer drop Feathers.
- New Blue Berry bushes have been added to the mod. They will commonly generate around the Aether, and when destroyed will reward you with a random amount of Blue Berries. Blue Berries heal half a heart. In the Bush's place, a Bush Stem will stand there and over time grow back into another Blue Berry Bush. This means that you could, if desired, make a farm of Blue Berry bushes!
- New Festive Tree! These trees can sometimes be seen in the masses, but other times very rarely. They emit snow particles around them, freezing over entire lands!
- Present Block added! These Presents can be found underneath and around Festive Trees. Don't be fooled though: these presents may seem friendly but they (upon random chance) can either turn out bad or turn out very good for the receiver. Be careful but don't be hesitant!
- Added 3 new secret items!
- Added 1 new music piece to the Aether soundtrack, composed by the talented Emile! Listen to it here.
- Invisibility Capes improved significantly. While worn, mobs can no longer see you unless you swing your fist/sword, making it a very useful tool indeed!
- Temporarily removed main menu music and the quick load feature. Sorry guys! They will be back very soon
- There is no guarantee that older Aether maps will still work with the latest version of the mod.
- The leap from 1.7.3 to 1.0 in one big swoop was huge for us, and as a result THERE WILL BE BUGS HERE AND THERE. Please just keep that in mind and inform us of any you find, and we will destroy them as quickly as we can.
This is a step-by-step process to install The Aether Collaboration mod Version 1.03 by Kingbdogz, Shockah, Kodaichi, Flan, _303, and Saspiron. Follow closely! This version of the Aether is compatible and packed with Forge. All credit goes to Forge for their API!
This mod is compatible with Version 1.0.0 of Minecraft, and requires the following API/Mods in order to successfully run:
- "Modloader" By Risugami - Download Modloader
- "ModloaderMP" Created By SDK/Updated By Flan - Download ModloaderMP
- "Audio Mod" By Risugami - Download AudioMod
- "ShockAhPI" By Shockah - Download SAPI
- "PlayerAPI" Created By Flan/Updated By Divisor - Download PAPI
The list is quite long but this ensures that maximum compatibility is allowed between the Aether and various other mods.
Once you have installed the above mods, you can install the Aether:
1. First of all, go to your start menu. If you have Windows 7 there should already be a search bar there. If you use Windows XP, find a program on the side called "Run" and open it. Once you've clicked on the search bar, type in
2. This should open up a folder called Roaming with a bunch folders inside. On the very top should be a folder called ".minecraft". Open it. Once inside, open another folder called "bin", and then open the "minecraft.jar" file with Winrar.
3. Now, go back to the "Aether_1.03" folder then "Jars" folder that you downloaded before. Inside there should be a bunch of folders and files. Drag them into the "minecraft.jar" you opened up recently with Winrar and press yes if it asks you to replace some files. Once done, delete the folder inside called "META-INF".
4. After that, you must go back to the original ".minecraft" folder that you were in before the "bin" folder. Once you are inside that folder, go back to the "Aether_1.03" folder and drag both the "resources" folder into ".minecraft". Press yes if it asks you to merge any folders.
5. Close down all the windows and start up Minecraft. Wait a while, and if it ends up black screening then you have a problem. If not, then enjoy!
If you happen to use Too Many Items (commonly known as TMI), it must be noted that you must install it AFTER you've installed the Aether, otherwise it will not work correctly.
Thanks for the patience!
~ The Aether Dev Team ~
Having troubles? Installation didn't work? Let DirtyMoDz7s guide you through step by step! Watch the video below:
This mod has literally taken 4-5 months of SOLID development to come to fruition, and we have wasted thousands of hours of our free time to complete this mod. A good way of saying thank you to the developers is to not only download the mod and support the project, but donating a bit of spare money really helps motivate us. Like I said, this project has been developed for an insanely long time, the donations would be VERY much appreciated for our hard work. Thanks!
(Note: I'm not one of the developers, I'm just sharing it with you guys)