Tantere is an old school 2D RPG with singleplayer and 2-player splitscreen co-op mode. Developed and programmed by an indie developer as a hobby.
Added alot of new stuff and focusing on the hotseat co-op mode and building game world at the moment.
Posted by NukeCorruption on Aug 23rd, 2012
Bunch of new stuff has been added and some are still waiting to be added.
The project is coming along fine, thanks to my friend who wrote some ingame readable books. Now I'm mainly focusing on drawing new graphics, building game world and on co-op gameplay.
Changes since last post:
- Added new NPC
- Added new items
- Added new graphics
- Added PvP for co-op mode, which is off by default
- Added sneaking while holding left SHIFT (player 1), Z (player 2)
- Added players can now change direction without moving while holding the sneak button
- Added sneak attack
- Added players can now miss and cause less damage if weapon skill requirement is too high
- Added cooking
- Added new recipes
- Added readable books
- Added zone changing for co-op
- Modified visual chest equipment code
- Updated game world
- Improved AI
- Fixed item info box
Things that will be added in the future:
- Quest system
- Dialog system
- Shop system
- Character/game state saving and loading
- Main menu
- Support for multiple USB keyboard and mouse for player 2
Latest video: multiple zones