After deciding to reboot this project, the first thing we did was sit down together with the team and review the previous prototypes of our game. Eventually we decided to restart the entire project from scratch, while incorporating the ideas and elements we liked from the previous versions and discarding the ones we didn't. We also designed a couple of new game modes, which better suit the games core gameplay mechanics.
So for the past couple of months we've been programming with a team of 2, rewriting all of the code. We playtest our game on a regular basis to check if our new prototype works, and most importantly, is fun to play. At the moment we have a working prototype which is amazingly fun and addictive to play, even with a small amount of people. Our next step is to test our prototype with more players from outside of our team, to see if they like it, and hopefully get some feedback on how to further improve our game.
As we've been concentrating on coding mostly, we don't have a lot of new artwork to show you yet. This also explains the lack of updates to this page, as screenshots of endless lines of code don't make for very interesting content. As a reward for your patience we do have two in-game screenshots of our new Japanese sky soldier model, created by our character artist Leslie.
As we'll be shifting our focus from programming to artwork, we hope to have some new updates, screenshots and videos for you soon.