This is our first big update in 2013 and the reason it took so much time for us to release a new build was the implementation of the new GUI.Aside from the basic combat and necessary indicators for weapon and damage amount and type plus info about such key resources as mana\energy or stamina, each good RPG always includes a loot of different loot, rewards and quest elements represented as different items, which you can find, use and combine.That is why it is unthinkable without the proper interface. Considering this fact we spent last weeks seeking and studying some advanced GUI libraries as well as improving the core engine code and the performance of the game.
The first results are to be seen in this video.
• source code transferred from Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 to MS Visual Studio 2008;
• partial refactoring of the code to improve stability and performance of the game;
• faster loading of the levels;
• bug with incorrect blood sprites being displayed as grey squares fixed;
• our own old GUI library was replaced by more advanced open source CEGUI (Crazy Eddie’s GUI) for more functionality;
• old elements of the interface revamped using CEGUI;
• new icons for items;
• new music (you can hear it partially in the video).
Subscribe to our YouTube channel if you want more of Exoplanet.
If you like our game and want it to be released sooner and be bigger and better then vote for Exoplanet First Contact on Steam Greenlight!
You also can support the development directly and get access to the playable alpha and all updates.
Thanks a lot for your interest and support!