The Second Tiberium War is a gameplay modification that features large gameplay improvements to Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun. Features include new units, maps, veteran upgrades, faster gameplay, difficult AI, higher resolution menu's, audio effects, improved cameo's, and a enticing game experience equal to todays level of gaming.
Well it’s been a while since I last uploaded a version of my mod and today is the release of version 1.0! The Second Tiberium War is my own version of Tiberian Sun leaning toward a Tiberium Wars style. I made many improvements to every aspect of the game from veteran upgrades to new maps and even totally redone menu’s. I spent many hours balancing making sure both factions were an equal threat on the battlefield yet require a different strategy to command and conquer. I’ve made so many changes I couldnt possibly fit them on this post so I will list only the main features:- Totally redone menu’s including scaling to a 1024x768 resolution.
- Several new maps with greatly improved lighting and detail including some original map remakes.
- Overhauled Veteran upgrades for all units with new sights and sounds.
- Many new vehicles, infantry, and aircraft.
- Improved AI that will give all levels of gamers a challenge.
- New cameo’s for new and existing units and structures.
- Fine tuned balancing to ensure ALL units are necessary for victory.
- Fully standalone installation, Tiberian Sun is not required to play.
- Several minor additions to prevent lag or game crashes.
I started the mod in march 2012 and have been learning as I go, making improvements along the way. This is my first full modification so don’t judge it too harshly, it was a one man team and not intended to be a total conversion. I hope you have fun and enjoy The Second Tiberium War!
I apologize about the lack or response as I a busy with another indie game. The issue which caused the black screen was the default resolution, which was set to 1440x900. Not all pc's allow this resolution at default so the game has been set to the minimum of 1024x768. You may change the resolution to your own in the game options or within SUN.ini. The full game now includes 1.1 patch and fix.