You can find the updated full version of THE CORE in zip archive fomr here!
Manual installation notes:
1. Unpack this archives WITH DIRECTORIES INTACT in the following folder
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods"
So to be clear, the thecore directory goes inside this directory.
Your sourcemods directory should now look like this
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\thecore\" with subdirs like bin, materials, models etc...
If you have a previous version of the campaign installed, just overwrite all files!
2. Restart steam for the mod to become visible in your games list.
To elimitate every trace of my campaign from your portal2 dir, delete:
Changes and fixes for 1.1b:
- Fixed glados announcement triggering multiple times in bonus map
Changes and fixes for 1.1:
- custom signs are now self illuminated
- All maps now have correct reflections (cubemaps)
- improvements in some map detail design trough-out the levels
- updated essential mod file to support directx 8
- fixed exit doors not closing behind the player in some maps (except for the nightmare elevator)
- Installer package now fetches for sourcemod dir in the windows registry
- Chapters now also show their titles in-game
Map 1: (chapter 1: Angular Reality)
- replaced bts arms in sky-box with decoration lights to optimize performance on low memory bandwidth video cards
- More "ratman den" decoration to make it look less dull
Map 2: (Chapter 2: A New Companion)
- moved back the catwalk which is sometimes blocking start catapult movement direction
- fixed further texture misalignments
- BTS decoration arm lights were pointing the wrong way
Map 3: (Chapter 3: The Shrine)
- prevented placement of portals outside the shrine until THE CORE is removed from the altar
- redesigned the top of the shrine room
- fixed misaligned ceiling texture near gel and excursion funnel area
- jump panels of the second room now activate when the player enters
- fixed some Z-fighting props in the jump room BTS area
- fixed unfinished look of blobulator spawn area above the gel dropper
- made the pneumatic diversity exit vent more responsive to THE CORE
- puzzle indicators for tractor beam will now match it's direction color
- New puzzle in the shrine
Map 4: (Chapter 4: Deadly Intermezzo)
- extruded glass near "bowling turret" to reduce the chance of blockages when it's tippled over
- reworked some brushwork in maze area
- removed ability to place portals in maze area to avoid players skipping the maze entirely
Map 5: (Chapter 5: Euthanazation Vault)
- decorated the jump hall with extra brushwork and models
- fixed env_projectedtexture
- core goodbye line should be a triggered once only
- texturized laser power control room interior in case that players portal in there
- prevented players from going trough the tractor beam generator prop
- sanitized the puzzle around the tractor beam alcove with an escape platform and emancipation grill
Map 6:: (Chapter 6: CatapultClysm)
- added bonus map-
Map 7: (Chapter 7: Round Tangent)
- added extra models and brushwork to prevent players spotting the ceiling of the right side entry bts area when crouched.
- prevented "cutting the race" glitch by replacing core receptacle tube piece with an iris
- overhauled design of the small test room for a less dull look and removed shallow water areas
- fixed small room exploit where players could jump & hop the core inside the glass window without having to fling it
- fixed ability to place a portal on the second fling platform for the CORE race puzzle
- changed main test room acid texture to the correct deadly slime look
- corrected misaligned light spots on the exit hatch area
- removed map prototype GLaDOS power off event in exit area
- placed exit hatch override in case the player manages to "forget" THE CORE and left it being on the race exit socket
- gave breakable glass a visually broken style so it seems more obvious that you can break it.
- fixed succeeded wallprojector puzzle indicators showing unsolved state for the sphere when it is put into the socket for a second time-